What's new

Polk LSi-C Center speaker (1 Viewer)

Gil D

Supporting Actor
How good is this center speaker? I am considering going with this line for HT and the Polk LSi is getting some good initial reviews, but I'm not sure if the center isn't the weak link since I have a large room to fill.

I'm still debating whether to give the LSi-9 or LSi-15 a try. I'd go ahead with 9 if I thought I would use it as rears but the LSi-FX looks like the more flexible speaker for the application.

Gil D

Supporting Actor
The LSiC center speaker ($579 each MSRP) uses the same driver and tweeter as the front models. It maintains broad, uniform dispersion and maximum fidelity throughout the listening room via a Cascade-Tapered Array¾that is, one driver plays only bass frequencies, and the other driver covers the bass and the midrange. This technique avoids the “comb filter” effects that plague other horizontal-oriented, multi-driver center speakers.
Found this on a press release, so maybe there is some hope.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Gil,
My system is composed of the LSi15, LSiF/X, and an LSiC. I don't notice any problems with the center channel. It doesnt have the bass of the 15s but still will go plenty low.
Give them a try and see what you think :)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks