What's new

Polk LSi and funky room layout (2 Viewers)

David Strand

Agent
I am debating getting a setup consisting of LSi-15s in the front, LSi-center, and I'm having trouble deciding between the LSi-7s or the bipole/dipole LSi-F/X set. See the attached pic (think backwards, pic is taken from the TV spot ;) ):

edit: Ok I was trying to post a pic here, but apparently I can't do that until I have 15 posts. Paste into your browser if interested:
users.adelphia.net/~dpstrand/speaker_mounts.jpg

As you can see, the best option I see at the moment is mount the rear right to the wall, and hanging the rear left from the catwalk. I'm a little concerned that the left will be near it's respective left wall, and the rear right will be right near a half wall; will that interfere with or screw up the sound from bipole/dipole speakers? Also the rear right will have a wall directly behind it where the rear left will not.

I really haven't settled on the Polk's yet either... also debating the Axiom's. I've been trying to wait for my local Tweeter to get the polk's in so I can give them a proper audition, but I won't be able to hear the Axioms. Any suggestions here? I'm getting antsy!

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Based on your photo I'd suggest using the Polk LCi series in-wall speakers mounted in the ceiling below the catwalk. The are the in-wall version of the LSi series (same tweeter).

The Lsi's are incredible speakers that live up to the rave reviews you've probably read here and elsewhere. I'm slightly biased though.:)

Keep in mind that they are rated at 4ohms nominal and will need a generous amount of power to really get the maximum performance out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks