Polk LSi 15's (and AADs)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff.bart, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Jeff.bart

Jeff.bart Stunt Coordinator

Until today, my top four had been the PSB Image line, Totem Arro, Paradigm monitors and Energy Connoisseurs. Not anymore. They've all been superceded by the Polk LSi15's and 9's.
    Like others have probably done, I brushed off Polk at first. Hey, that's a company I actually heard of. They can't be all that good, right?
    Quite wrong. As some earlier posts attest, the LSi series is fabulous. Alex F. describes best in a series of previous posts:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=39261
    Warm and soapy, but the water was crystal clear, so to speak. If I can get these cheaper than what the dealers charge, I might just splash in.
    The 15's are terrific, but it's more cost effective to buy the 9's and pair up with a sub.
    BTW, someone here mentioned that Soliquy also makes AAD. Anyone here own the C-line of AAD's? I am interested in those speakers as well.

2. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Whoot Jeff, glad you dove in and gave these a listen.
    Cost wise the 15s are more then the 9s yes, but not that much more. Toss in the cost of a good speaker stand and that difference shinks.
    However the 9s and 15s do have a different crossover range I believe since the 15 also has the sub. My mains are two LSi15s paired with a SVS PCi20-39. They compliment each other quite well.
    There have been some posts about where to get these quite cheap, I myself paid quite a bit less then MSRP. And one other thing to love about these speakers is that they will sound even better when you break em in.. (A bad American Pie quote comes to mind... [​IMG])
    So do some searching online and let us know what you decide.
    Brian

3. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Another Convert!! WOOHOOO!
    Another vote for 15's, but I use a Sunfire sub. I replaced all of my Polk audio Rt series speakers with Lsi's and could not be happier!
    I got all of mine from WWW.Sounddistributors.com