What's new

Polk/Klipsch/JBL (1 Viewer)

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at the top end of these three brands to fit my price range and availability locally. Of these three, which would you recommend for the best all around sound for a predominantly movie based system?

Thanks,

Josh

Allen_N

Stunt Coordinator
Josh, get the Klipsch system ;) I listened to all three and that's what I liked the best.

Seriously, if you are ever near Owensboro in the next month you can listen to my RF-25's if you want. Or if you are near Evansville after that you can listen to it in my new house.

-Allen

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
I also had the opportunity to hear some B & W stuff yesterday. I was impressed with the 600 series stuff that they had in the store. They also had a room setup with 700 series stuff, but a bit out of my price range.

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
I also got to listen so some of the JBL in walls at a retail store. They were quite impressive to say the least. They also had some of the Home Tech THX in-walls that sounded very nice.

Is home-tech made my JBL?

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Home-tech is not made by JBL. JBL is made by Harman International which also produces HK, Infinity, and JBL.

The JBL's are great speakers. I use JBL's in a 7.1 config and could not be happier. You can also purchase them on-line for 60% off of Best Buy's prices. Best thing for you to do is try them for yourself. I went with JBL as i think they are equally as good as the Klipsch but can be had for discounted prices.

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
If you like Klipsch, try to listen to KEF Q series. They're in the same price range as Klipsch, w/ a similar sound, but a little less bright.

Doug

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Josh, sent you a PM as to a few sites to consider. There are more but i cannot think of them at the moment...

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I tried to convince someone over at AVS to consider 4 N24 and an N center. Very overlooked set-up with a decent sub. These can be had for $150 now.

From what I have seen, JBL's are the best value going. For price/quality ratio, these are tough to beat.

MikeCocc

Agent
I tried to convince someone over at AVS to consider 4 N24 and an N center.

This is the exact setup I am currently running. I'm extremely happy with it. I will get even happier when the replacement for my JBL E250P sub arrives ( SVS PB10-ISD ). Can't wait....

Allen_N

Stunt Coordinator
Josh there was a guy on the Klipsch forums selling some RB-75's. You might want to check and see if he still has them for sale.

Scott*B

Stunt Coordinator
Josh,

If you happen to be the Josh Givens in Bowling Green KY then I can help you out. I've got a 7.1 JBL setup you can come listen to. Email me if that's you.

[email protected]

Scott

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
The "top end" of the JBL line Synthesis is very high-end indeed. Synthesis One is over $100K I think, but you get all of the electronics (mostly re-badged Lexicon - very nice) and a team to come to your home and set it up. ;)

david*mt

Second Unit
Will the JBL E series sound good with a Yamaha HTR-5560? Specifically, the EC35 and E50s. My Yamaha is very bright sounding, and I want something a little more neutral. I listened to the JBLs at HH Gregg, and they sounded great running on a Harmon Kardon.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I just acquired the JBL Northridge E-series and a Yamaha HTR-5760. I have the E-80s for my front mains, the EC35 for the center, and four E30s for the 7.1 surrounds. It sounds unbelievably smooth to my ears (but what do I know: you should hear them yourself.) However, I've read that the new Yamaha AV receivers are smoother and not as bright as their predessors. I think with a little tone control and these JBLs would sound just fine. Find someplace that will you try them out for 30 days. What do you have to lose?

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
David,

I had yammy HTR-5590 for 3 months driving my JBL set-up. It sounded very good. It sounds similar to the digital XR50 I am using now. i don't now if bright is the term I would use but it had a distinct difference than the pioneer vsx-41.

Try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks