Polk, Infinity ?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by KipG, Jan 3, 2005.

1. KipG

KipG Extra

Taking delivery of my new SVS sub today and thinking of buying new fronts and center. I keep reading about a Alpha series of Infinity, but by viewing their site I don't see the Alpha....is that a older line? Was thinking of going with the Beta 50s and the cs360 center since the prelude was a bit outta budget. I recently sold my polk fronts, but still have my cs350 center which seems to still be somewhat popular, but can unload with no problem. Would most keep the polk and buy a set of RTi112's or dump the center and pick up the above listed Infinitys? I currently have the old PRELUDE PQPS surronds in the surr rears and the ERS 210 as the sides.
    One other question....
    Do companys like Infinity debut new stuff at CES? Thinking if that is the case I should wait a few days and see if anything new comes out.

2. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

The Alpha line was replaced by the Beta line over a year ago. I've got some and they are great. The reason people are still talking about them is because you can get them at a great price. The Alpha 50s (originally $1000/pair) can now be had for $400-600/pair. The Alpha are very much comparable to the Beta (some feel the Alpha still sound better because of the metal grills on betas). The Alphas came out in 2002 and were replaced by the Betas early 2004, so there's a small chance they may have a new line coming out but more likely in a year i would guess.

3. KipG

KipG Extra

Talked to Infinity and the said the will be at CES, but could not/would not tell me what the will be bringing and introducing. Hopefully, someone will report on one of the boards soon after getting back......
    that is if their heads are not spinning from all the other goodies.

4. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Auditioning

I prefer Infinity over polk when comapring them side by side. But every ear is different.