Polk f/x500i wall mounting?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles M, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Charles M

Charles M Stunt Coordinator

I've had thes rears for 2 months now. I'm curious to know to mount them on the wall. If you own these speakers please respond. I don't see how they would stay on the wall(anchored to a stud of course) with the screw that comes with the speakers. I think the weight would be an issue. What methods do you guys recommend. Thanks in advance.

Charles

2. Greg Johnson

Greg Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I have had these speakers mounted to the wall with the screws provided for over a year now with no problems. Of course they are screwed into a stud. It shouldn't be a problem at all.

Greg Johnson

3. Kevin Eckhardt

Kevin Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

I currently have my F/X500s mounted to the ceiling using speaker mounts, but have mounted them to the wall in the past. I used plastic dry wall anchors called EZAnchors. The anchors are self drilling so you only need a screw driver to install them and they come in several sizes. The ones I used claimed to support up to 90lbs I think. I used these for over a year on two separate occasions without a problem.

Kevin

4. Brian Treinen

Brian Treinen Stunt Coordinator

I've got one of mine hanging on one rather large nail in a wall stud and the other hung using the two provided screws. No issues to this point at all! Just make sure you find a wall stud.

5. Charles M

What are wall anchors and where can I get them?

Charles

6. Dan Steffen

Dan Steffen Stunt Coordinator

Charles:
    There are a whole variety of wall anchors. I usually use the plastic ones that are similar to these Home Depot . You can get them at any hardware store. Just a couple of notes. First there are different sizes in terms of depth and size of screw that will fit inside. I think the one I pulled up will work for you just fine (size 10-12, 1" depth). You could go a little deeper too.
    The picture above is used mainly for drywall.
    Just make sure you get the exact right drill bit size otherwise you will end up going back to the hardware store and buying the next size up [​IMG] (no that NEVER happened to me BTW [​IMG] )

7. Charles M

Thanks for the info guys! I need to mount these babies soon...to get eveything ready for my SVSpci that's coming(I guess by next week). By the way, my whole setup is Polk: RT1000i, CS400i, and of course the F/X500i. Now time to start a new thread on how to properly calibrate the 1000i's. Thanks again.

Charles