What's new

Polk CSi30 to CSi40: Worth the upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
My system currently consists of 5 Polk Audio RTi28's and a CSi30 center with a SVS 20-39CS+/Samson 1000/ART-351 EQ subwoofer setup. I was at Circuit City today and noticed that they have the CSi40 for only $199.99. I was wondering if anyone has heard a huge difference between the 30 and 40. I'm pretty happy with the way my system sounds now, but if I can upgrade cheap, I figure it might be a good idea before the CSi40 disappears. The only reason I'm thinking about it is that I notice a slight difference in the way voices sound between the RTi28's and the CSi30, and I was thinking maybe it's because the 28's have the ARC port and the CSi30 doesn't. I was just wondering if perhaps the 40 is a better match soundwise with my 28's, since the 40 has the powerport and arc port like the 28's. I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with these two speakers.

My other question is about the depth. My CSi30 fits just about perfectly on top of my Hitachi RPTV. The CSi40 is almost twice as deep as the 30, so I'm thinking I would have to prop up the back of it somehow if I bought it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish that? Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
not a usual delima you have. It was like the diff between the cs400i or the model below it for center channels. The center is very important in HT and I think you would be surprised at how big the difference might be. The mids will be stronger..and what is dialog anyway...Mids :)

Thats a pretty good price...and thing is...take it home...try it...if you dont like it...take it back..CC has a great return policy (within 30days)
Also..some use slight angled door stoppers on thier center channels

Hope this info helps ya.
Thomas

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
The CSi40 is well worth the upgrade, especially at recent prices!!!

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Circuit City was out of stock when I went back. However, a friend bought one of the CSi40's and was going to return it because she needed the money back for something, so I offered to take it off her hands rather than her taking it back to the store. I should get it later tonight. I'm even selling her my CSi30 on the cheap, so I'll end up with the better speaker for a pretty sweet price! WHEE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks