What's new

Polk CS400i/CSi40 or Paradigm CC370 (1 Viewer)

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard the Polk CSi40. Was very impressed.

I am going to audition the Paradigm later this week.

What are your thoughts on these two centers?

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
BTW do Paradigm dealers drop their prices at all. Both of the local dealers are offering the CC370 at $329. But on audioreview many people are reporting paying around $260.

Junie

Agent
I have the cc 370 and I love it. It is Still in the break in phase right now. If it is anything like the mini monitors after break in WOW!! Please keep in mind that speakers are very subjective. With that said go and listen to any speaker you are planning to buy. I like the Paradigm product. Others may not, it's a matter of taste

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard good things about the CC370. I just hope I can get a discount. I can afford the $329, but just on principle I like to get a good deal.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What are your main speakers? That should be the deciding factor, not the cost (unless the difference is a lot)

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
Neither CC will match my mains. But that is ok because I am planning on upgrading those in a few months as well.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, but the point was matching the center with the mains. Will you be deciding on mains based on center channel then? I feel that should be the other way around, personally - pick the mains and get a center to match. :)

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
I rarely use my system for music. Pretty much straight HT. The center channel is where almost all dialog is reproduced. So I am more interested in getting a better CC.

But I do see your point about matching the mains to the cc. I listened to a few polk mains that sounded excellent. I will get a listen to the monitors when I go to the Paradigm shop in a couple days.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Don't think that having a matching front soundstage (if not all around) is less important for HT. By matching your mains and center your overall sound will be much more involving and true to the soundtrack.
Though I shouldn't talk. My current system is a mix and match. :frowning: But one step at a time. Anyhow, I have Polk RT1000i's for my mains and thoroughly enjoy them. What models have you been listening to for mains? Any Lsi's?
Regards,
Dan Hine

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
Dan-

I haven't listened to the new LSi mains yet. I listened to a couple different RT mains. This Circuit City didn't have any LSis hooked up. But I was very impressed with the RT1000i.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Circuit City will never sell the LSi series. Polk is only offering them through more audiophile type stores. Also I think they aren't mass producing the LSi series enough to even offer them in CC's. Then again how many people would goto CC to buy a >$1000 pair of speakers?

But I'd advise you to check out the LSiC if you have a chance. It's quite an amazing center speaker though I didn't compare it to the RTi40 or 400 as I used to have a RTi245.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks