What's new

Polk, Axiom, ?????? (1 Viewer)

Brian_Lu

Auditioning
I am looking for a home theater setup and I am debating on the speakers. Here is a couple that I like.

-Axiom Epic 50 package
-Circuit City had a sale on polk audio (Rti150, Fxi30, Csi40)=$1,250. I will add a VAI CHT10 Velodyne.

I want to keep the package between $1,500-$2,000.

Currently, I have a Toshiba 51HX93 and a HK AVR40 receiver in a 15X20 room. I will probably upgrade the receiver also Any suggestions for the size speaker system I am looking at.

Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Is one of those Polk model numbers a sub? If so, do yourself a favor and take a pass. All of Polk’s subs are small-driver, low-powered designs. You can easily do better for the money.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Bill Polley

Second Unit
I just ordered the Epic 80 system...a pair of M80ti speakers, a VP150 center, and a pair of QS-8 surrounds from Axiom. I ordered ALL OF THEM as B-stock and got the set for under $1,650 delivered. All are in matching cherry color.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Everyone here has their favorites and will chime in here to explain why. 1st thing you should do is go out and listen to different brands of speakers. The second thing you should do is consider and internet sales only brand. Companies like AV123.com offer super speakers and packages that are built better and in my opinion sound much better. For the kind of money your talking about I would not rush into it. Alot of other folks will chime in and complain about shipping. One of the things you can do is order a partial set from several companies and send back the one you dont like. This allows you to try a speaker in your own setting and with your own equipment. After all if your like me and going to keep these speakers for a few years at least whats a few bucks in shipping? Well worth the end result. Every ear is different and has different tastes so to speak so take your time and do it right.

Bill Polley

Second Unit
If you need a sub, switch the M80ti s to M60ti, add an SVS 20-39PCi sub, and still be in the "under $2,000" catagory.

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Bill's suggestion is very sound. I would avoid the M50 and consider the M60 instead. Also, skip on the Axiom sub and go with an SVS or HSU.

Axiom will still offer discount pricing even if the system you purchase from them will not include a sub. Call them and ask them for yourelf. They will still give you a discount if you purchase mains, center, and surrounds from them.

I don't know if you have visited the Axiom forum yet. If not, you owe it to yourself to head over to axiomaudio.com and ask away with any questions that come to mind.

JerryCulp

Stunt Coordinator
CC has great deals on the Polks, if you can find them. Many people here have got the RTi150's for ~$250 (myself included, and 1 guy got them for $209) and I saw the FXi30's for $70 each (floor model) at one store. The CC website has the Csi40 for $299 and the store will pricematch that.

I cant compare to the other speakers mentioned here, but I will say I am extremely happy with what I have for the price.
2 RTi150 $488
3 RTi38 $229
1 Csi40 $299, and waiting for the clearance to start on these so I can price match them down.

Total of $1016.
That you leaves you enough for SVS PB2-ISD at $899 and that is pretty darn good setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks