Polk Audio RM6000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Huber, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Mike Huber

Mike Huber Agent

Has anyone here purchased any Polk speakers before? These are marked down at crutchfield from 499 to 299, with a free speaker stand and i think you can even upgrade the subwoofer for free. My room is 13 X 16 with the tv being on the 16" wall. 50 inch toshiba. Havnt looked at receivers yet But just wanted to find some surround sound speakers first. What are your thoughts on Polk Speakers? And is this a good deal thanks.

2. Jim-M

Jim-M Second Unit

I got these from Crutchfield about 2 weeks ago. This is my first surround system so I can't really compare them to other speakers, but I think they sound very good paired with the Onkyo TX-SR500 receiver I got at the same time. Our room is a similar size and I don't crank the volume to real loud levels. In addition to sounding good, part of the reason for getting these was their small size. I had originally looked at some HTiBs that cost a little less, but am much happier with the Polk/Onkyo setup that I ended up with. Early in November I saw these at CC for about $500 so when I saw the Crutchfield price I jumped on it. Since I was going to get speaker stands anyway, the Crutchfield deal saved me that price too. Fry's currently has them for $247. JandR.com has them for about $200, but they have to be delivered to one of 8 east coast states. I was extremely happy with the entire process of getting them from Crutchfield.