Polk Audio R30

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Howard Cantor, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Howard Cantor

Howard Cantor Auditioning

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these. I am building my first h/t setup and have a huge room that they have to go in. I found these online for $100 shipped for the pair. They are going to be run off an NAD T760. I know that Polk makes a quality product but will these be sufficient for the front channels for a 5.1 setup? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    If you have a huge room, I don't think these guys will do it. How big is the room?

3. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

They don't have much to offer in the low end department. For a entry level system, they are a very nice option, certainly worth $100. While clearly not Polk's best speaker, they are just fine for HT, less so for music. Just make sure you have a decent sub to fill out the aural spectrum.

4. Howard Cantor

Howard Cantor Auditioning

thanks, the room is 14x22x15h. I was going to add a sub and a center channel with them to start. The amp is not very powerful, 60 wpc. Thanks for the insight, I think I might go this route to start with. My biggest thing is I listen to satellite radio quite a bit, I am not much of a TV guy unless it is sports but I love my music and movies.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    They should be adequate for sound in that room and the price is good enough that it wouldn't be a big loss if they weren't enough. As long as you aren't looking for reference/extreme sound levels, I think you'll be fine.