What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Polk has announced the launch of the Reserve Series of loudspeakers designed to deliver “serious” performance on music, movies and gaming. The company says the new speakers follow its mission to create
premium-quality speakers at accessible prices. The line consists of the R100 Bookshelf ($599/pair), R200 Bookshelf ($699/pair), the R300 Center Channel ($399), the R350 Center Channel (slim) ($549), the R400 Center Channel ($599), the R500 Tower ($599 each), the R600 Tower ($799 each) the R700 Tower ($999 each) and the R900 Height Module ($599/pair).
All speakers are certified with IMAX Enhanced and Hi-Res Audio, as well as compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. They are available in matte black, matte white and walnut woodgrain colors/finishes. With the varying sizes and specs of the nine different models – including three separate center channel speakers – there are multiple placement options available and solutions for different-sized rooms. The R900 height module includes a...

Continue reading...

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
They probably sound great. However with low sensitivity, 4 ohms, and low power handling, these speakers aren't going to be as loud as most speakers.

These speakers are definitely more for music than home theater, where a low impedance/high current amp would be beneficial.

Most Polk speakers are between 88 and 90 decibels, have an easy to drive 8 ohm load, and offer very good power handling. That making for loud, easy to drive speakers, that can be powered from a standard receiver.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’ve got to admit that despite not particularly liking a lot of the Polk speakers that I’ve listened to over the years, I find myself interested in these. Even taking the YouTube reviews with a big grain of salt, first impressions are very favorable and they seem to compare well with the Elac Uni-Fi 2.0s that I’m considering. They look better than the Elacs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks