What's new

Polk 404 or SVS? (1 Viewer)

Lev-S

Second Unit
Spend $300 Canadian for a Polk PSW404 or save up my pennies for another month or two to buy a $1000 (American $ to Canadian) SVS sub? The thoughts that run through my head...

I get a sizeable discount on Polk, and my other stuff is Polk. But, I heard that even the cheapest SVS cylinder can level a house. Plus, this thing would be downfiring on the top floor! Would that be wise? Input, please and thank you.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Lev-S,

To my knowledge, no one with an SVS has actually leveled their home. Some minor foundation damage, loosened plaster, and many lost trinkets, yes. :)

You already know which is the better performing sub, so the question is whether it's a burden to spend the extra on that sub. If you're anything like me, you'll end up with an SVS anyway some day.

-Robb

Lev-S

Second Unit
well, the saving begins! but here is my second question in the form of a statement: HSU

Lev-S

Second Unit
I was also wondering about the potential for structural damage to a house if the sub is firing down on the top floor. The floor itself is right above the garage where there is noticeable ceiling curvature where the middle of the floor is. I have been told that the house is beginning to "settle" and that the process is fairly normal. Would a big downfiring cylinder make this worse or cause other structual damage? Would it be wiser to go with a front-firing one?

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Lev-S,

I really don't know what would be involved in getting an SVS into Canada. Try asking the guys at SVS ([email protected]) as I'm sure they've gone through the process many times.

I, too, have heard many people say the Paradigm subs can be a better bargain for Canadians than SVS subs. You might also want to start a new thread asking for advice from fellow Canadians.

-Robb

Lev-S

Second Unit
thanks for the input robb. but i just remembered... my grandma lives in the US! so next time I take a trip, will be to pick it up there! Oh that is so mint! Now to save up that money. Rest assured though, as soon as I place my order, and hook it up, there'll be another redundant post on this board!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks