What's new

Police Squad (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

???? It was a fantastic series. The second series was admittedly weaker, but still good. I'm furious that they cancelled the box set. Judging from the general reaction, I'd say this is a case of different strokes.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Great news, it would be awesome if they included Police Squad with new special editions of the Naked Gun movies :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff McMillan

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news, but I sure hope they include the infamous John Belushi opener as an extra. Commentaries would be nice as well.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
John Belushi??? He didn't have anything to do with the Police Squad TV series that I know of. Besides, he died in March 1982, so if there was a deleted opening it must have been extremely close to the time of his death.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Well, there's at least one factual error in that trivia from IMDB. It was actually CBS that repeated Police Squad after the success of the films.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
I can confirm that it was indeed CBS and they aired in the summer of '91, as a companion to The Naked Gun 2 1/2.

I used to have two VHS cassettes with all six episodes recorded in SP. Long since lost after several moves, though. Very much looking forward to this DVD set.

Rick P

Supporting Actor

Actually Aykroyd was playing Joe Friday's NEPHEW w/Harry Morgan reprising his character of Bill Gannon. Morgan has said that Aykroyd's "Friday" was so uncanny that he got the chills everytime he played a scene with him. And if you watch carefully, you'll see a picture of Jack Webb on his desk.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I've wanted this release for a long time. It's probably a good thing it took so long, since there would likely have been no extras if it had been released years ago. I hope there are commentaries on all six episodes. This release will give Paramount another excuse to repackage The Naked Gun movies with Police Squad! in a box set.

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
This is a set I have been waiting for since the dawn of the DVD era. Perfect size for a tv on dvd release at 6 episodes (If only there were more!) Would love to see the John Belushi intro.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I'd much rather have Police Squad as a seperate release from the movies. I already own the 3 movies on DVD and won't double dip for an extra of 2 episodes per move.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I'd be happy if they'd restore Leslie's rendition of "The Trolley Song" and the line of his joke that says "dog-doo" (it was redubbed to say "hot tar"). And anything else changed after the fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks