What's new

International Police Squad: The Complete Series (1 Viewer)

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
This show is hilarious! Every minute is funny. They said the reason it failed is because it requires the viewer to sit and watch closely to catch all the jokes. It can't be just casually listened to like a sitcom where people are doing other things while they watch. You must sit and watch closely or you'll miss the sight gags which it if chock full of every second.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
George Kennedy was also a recast.

I missed Alan North from the series. It was not until I got to see M Squad many years later that I saw how much Alan North was channeling Paul Newlan from that show. Newlan always played the chief in an extremely laid back style, as if he'd been summoned to the M Squad set with little or no rehearsal. North went out of his way to replicate that style.

I always knew M Squad was the main inspiration for Police Squad!, but had never seen the show in reuns back then. When I watched the M Squad DVD set I was a little surprised at how alike the two shows were (the pilot episode of Police Squad! is a remake of an M Squad episode).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks