What's new

Police Squad DVD Series (1 Viewer)

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if Paramount will release the Police Squad series on DVD. This was a very funny show that was canceled after 3 episodes. The remaining three where later released on video. As far as I am aware there where only six episodes. I think this was really funny, especially the freeze scenes at the end of each episode! How funny was that.
Get a move on Paramount!

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I would really like it also, although the three Naked Gun films borrowed a lot of the jokes from it.

It would have been better if Paramount put two shows on each Naked Gun movie as an extra...since there are only 6 anyways. Oh well :frowning:

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
If they release it, I hope they include the unseen John Belushi footage. It was the last thing he filmed.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Each episode, Drebin runs over a number of garbage cans equal to the episode number.

i love this show.

i whish it was on longer or at least they could have made more then 6 eps.

sledge hammer often gets alot of credit for this type of show but police squad was 3 years ahead of hammer.

i never heard of any belushi footage.
idid a quick look through the net and couldnt find anything.

michael, do you have any links or info on that?

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Act Two: Yankees One
Act II: Richard III
Act II: Gesundheit

Of course I want this! Only six episodes yet still my all time favourite comedy. Throw in some commentaries while you're at it...

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I don't understand what's keeping Paramount from releasing this series - you'd think it was a complete no-brainer.

Rick P

Supporting Actor

John Belushi was supposed to be the 'Guest Star' in episode 6 "Testimony of Evil" and of course killed off in the opening credits...

unfortunately he died shortly after filming the sthick and they had to quickly refilm the bit with William Conrad...

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
Didn't the original Naked Gun film have the tagline "From the files of Police Squad"? I don't recall when or on what channel, but there was a mini Police Squad marathon. That kind of sight gag and physical humor is great in half-hour doses. It'd be downright brilliant to bring it to DVD.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I loved the one that stated "Guest Starring William Shatner". Of course, they had already killed him off before the credits rolled!

Yeah ... It would be *great* to have this series on DVD. They could do it on two discs with audio commentaries for all the episodes ... or just jam all six on one disc with no extras.

Either way, bring 'em on!

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

I'm pretty certain it was A&E. Back in high school, about the time of the original Naked Gun, I had a videotape with all six episodes and it was from an A&E broadcast.

I still laugh whenever somebody talks about a Japanese garden.

Rob Keil

Agent
Paramount should definitely release Police Squad. They released it on 2 laserdiscs. 1 DVD should be no problem to fit 6 episodes which is the entire series. Terriffic show. This one is a no-brainer.

Bill Parisho

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are right on the money! Let's starting e-mailing Paramount Home Video. A single disc of this short-lived comedy classic for about $15 would sell very well. Especially, if they tossed in some commentary. Or re-release the Naked Gun films. Each with two episodes as one of you previously pointed out.
Bill Parisho

Devin_C

Stunt Coordinator
:thumbsdown:
Please don't make me buy the movies to get these episodes. Boo-urns, I say, Boo-urns.

I taped them from an A&E marathon years ago, but I think the tape is long gone... besides I try to only use my VCRs to tape shows when I'm out now...

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
You know what would be really cool? If Paramount included, as a supplement, all the deleted scenes and outtakes from the Naked Gun films (maybe Airplane, too) that were left off their respective DVDs.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Yes, please bring this one out!

"Sergeant, take her away and book her!"

"Sergeant Takeraway. Sergeant Booker."

Scott_F_S

Second Unit

Yes, yes, yes, those were hilarious. I'll never forget those things ... Leslie Nielsen's eyes darting around looking for a cue that the scene is over while holding a ridiculous, contorted, open-mouthed freeze-frame pose. Great stuff.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Airplane is suppose to or is rumored to be getting a special edition.

I would love this. CBS ran them right before an Abbott and Costello type spoof show one summer, at least I think it was summer, when Naked Gun was in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks