Police Academy DVD Editied?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Pakula, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

I was watching the Police Academy dvd just now and I noticed that during the beginning there is a scene where one of the new recruit's Says "Boy there sure are alot of N here" instead he says "Boy there sure are alot of Spades here". I just but the letter N because the word used in the line is a racist one so I don't want to offend anyone. Anyways I also noticed several other scenes editied down like the scene where mahoney sends one of the new recruits to the wrong place to get clothes. I remeber on the tv version the guy wonders around a bit more and say's "hello anybody there?" in the dvd version he goes in than it cuts to another scene than back to where the door is now opened and the woman standing in the towel. There may have been more but these are all I remeber at the moment. Im sure some of these scenes where cut for time but the racist line has me wondering if it was changed on the dvd simply to avoid offending anyone.

-Mike

2. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

huh? I never remember anything but "spades" and the towel scene

3. PaulP

PaulP Producer

There could've been some trims added for TV broadcasts. There are several such deleted scenes on the Police Academy 4 disc.

4. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Well considering the "S" word is almost equally offensive to the "N" word it doesn't make sense they would edit it by replacing it with another racial slang.

5. RafaelB

RafaelB Second Unit

The "S" word was definnitely in the theatrical version. I distinctly remember it, as I had to ask my sister what exactly that meant when I first saw PA1... [​IMG]

Rafael.