Polaroid 32" LCD

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JohnToom, Jul 22, 2005.

1. JohnToom

JohnToom Auditioning

I am finally going out and getting my first flat panel TV and I need some advice.

I've decided a 32" LCD fits my needs best. I was pretty set on getting the Samsung or the Sharp Aquos, but when I went to Circuit City to check em out, the Polaroid 32" FLM-3201 picture looked very decent and is only $1400 vs.$2100 for the big names sets.

Does anyone have any experience with Polaroid LCD sets? Any reason to avoid them?

Thanks for your advice.

2. R:o:b

R:o:b Agent

no personal experience with poloroid. but just make sure all the specs are comparable, i.e refresh rate, contrast ratio, imputs and outputs. i they meet all your specifications the way to save some money. i bought an even cheeper 32 lcd made by proview (@ costco sale for 1000) and i like it just fine...

3. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Remember that LCDs of this size are still bleeding edge and are dropping in price very rapidly. The high end 27" widescreens were $2000 at the beginning of this year, and now go on sale for $1000. The 45" 1920x1080 Sharp went from $9000 earlier this year and now sells for less than $5000 . That's the set I'm looking at myself for the family room when the price goes below $3000 which I imagine will happen sometime next year.