What's new

Poker fans: Ladies Night on the WPT (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder that it's an all ladies affair on the WPT (World Poker Tour) on the Travel channel at 9 p.m. EST tonight (Wednesday).

Doug R

Supporting Actor
It was one of the better tournies.

Do you happen to know when other new ones begin? Next week looks like a repeat.

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
The winner ... can't remember her name just now but it began with a C and was a little unusual ... she had the damndest luck. I would have counted if I'd known she was going to keep doing it, but I'm sure she out-flopped opponents at least half a dozen times. AND caught trips (three-of-a-kind) from the flops three of those times.

Now that's Poker luck.

The Sixth runner up got beat on one of the flops and then went all-in, all-in, all-in on the next three (shown) hands. The third one, if I remember right, her cards weren't very good; unsuited and only one face. Maybe she just wanted to be done.

Fifth never seemed to catch any luck all night, in the chip counts she was steadily dwindling. The teddy bear was cute though.

Fourth (Kathy, she made the final table at one of the regular tour tourneys but was out-flopped on the first hand when she went all-in with A-K I think) got out-flopped on an all-in by the winner.

Really though, the play gets pretty dull after they drop to three, and especially two. All-in, all-in, all-in, all-in. It's like there's only one bet at that point. All the action becomes haymaker, no tactical moves anymore. They either fold or go all-in. Dramatic I guess, but not as interesting to ponder.

I don't remember the blinds getting so large in the regular tour though; I believe they were up to 25K/50K between First and Second. It'd be nice if they'd show the hand count or at least the hours at the table so we could figure on things like that. Hard to catch a sense of the game with the editing.

Now if only they'd replace that idiot Vince the show would be rather nice. The poker 'color' guy is pretty good, and fun to listen to; but Vince is the opposite.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the exit order was:

Jennifer (I crack up when she tries to give off her sad puppy eyes to set her traps.)
Maureen (she went in blind when her stack got super low)
Kathy (she called Clonie way too quick, and paid the price)
Annie (took too many bad beats in a row and squandered her chip lead)
Evelyn (she bet aggressively before the flop a lot and stole a lot of pots when she sensed weakness in others)
Clonie (was up, was down, and finally outdrew Evelyn at the end).

Most of the players played pretty aggressively. Annie got unlucky towards the end.

When it gets downto 3 or 2 players, play is always pretty aggressive, but the thing was was that there were so many showdowns (calls) on all-ins because each player wanted to end it quick, but the cards went back and forth, and since neither were backing down in the all-ins, the cards played out, otherwise, a player who goes all-in and the other one just gets bled by the aggressive play and these players know that isn't a good strategy either in high stakes poker.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
You have to also remember we're seeing 90 minutes of poker from a 6-7 hour tournament.

Those "all-ins" in a row at the end are a lot more spaced out.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
What I found interesting about this tourney (besides the eye-candy when it was head-to-head) was that they weren't playing for a cash prize of any kind. The winner got an invite to the WPT Invitational and a guaranteed seat at the next WPT final (worth $25K).

I think not buying into the tournament and not playing for a cash payout may have loosened play quite a bit.

Rob

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Still, it was the most exciting episode of WPT so far. i can't wait for the next season. I just wish that the winners of episodes would be in some sort of seasonal showdown. I don't think any of the individual episode winners made the final table last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks