What's new

Point Pleasant & Lone Gunmen for 30 Dollars (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I was just at Wal-Mart and I noticed they have a sale on 'selected' FOX complete series sets for 2 for 30. I did like Lone Gunman but I haven't heard much about Point Pleasant. So I was wondering if the series is it worth buying blind?

Thanks

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the show was too safe and PC. The show was about Satan's daughter, Christina, washing up (literally) into a small town and being all conflicted over her heritage. In every episode, she would get angry and start to go all Carrie on her enemies but would always relent and back off. I wished the show had just let her go wild. Might have saved it from cancellation.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Well... I will put it this way... I bought Point Pleasant as a blind buy. This was a good few months ago... I watched a single episode and haven't even had the urge to continue at this point.

I don't normally judge a show on just 1 episode... but I found it to be slow and boring. Felt more like a teen drama with a supernatural twist to it... not like a horror series I thought I was buying.

As I said... I don't like to give up on a series after just one episode... so I do plan on checking it out again eventually. But I am in no hurry to continue it.

Jason-A

Auditioning
Point Pleasant get's good after ep. 5 the final episode is great and the devil's daughter goes wild.

John*D

Second Unit
For $15 it's worth it. I got it for $20 during a Amazon sale, I but was already a fan of the show and wanted to see the last few episodes that didn't make it on air.

Chris does freak out at the end so definitely finish watching the series.

p.s. - It's a shame TRU CALLING was canned for this, only to have this replacement prematurely axed as well.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I loved Tru Calling! I already have both releases. :) Believe it or not I am still bitter for the way they handled the cancelation of it. Hmmm... may be part of what I have against Point Pleasant? :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks