What's new

Point Break DTS jpn better than US? (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
If this is an attempt to relate back to the other thread about Die Hard, it doesn't work.

This is a Paramount release...and not the same as the R1.

Moz

Agent
CraigL,

I'm sorry but i don't see your point about the "same as the R1" thing...
The purpose is to determine IF there are better editions from Japan or R3, isn't it ?
It seems that this new release of POINT BREAK had a reinforcement in the DTS track, made by paramount japan. What do you want more ? An identical fox japan release to point out that this track is different ? I mean, if POINT BREAK DTS is better than the R1 version... that interest me, because there are a lot more titles coming out with DTS tracks from them, and that's my point !

CraigL

Screenwriter
No. You completely misunderstood me. I am speaking in relation to the Die Hard thread.

It's VERY possible that the DTS track on this Japanese version is better. It's a completely different company putting it out.

AlexBC

Second Unit
It's not an attempt to relate back to anything.

I just read the review and, now I'd like to know whether it's really better or not. Because if it is, I'll double dip on this one.

I'm not trying ot prove any point, that the "same" from Japan is actually "different".

I was hoping maybe Phill himself could clear this out, as he checks this forum every now and then.

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
For the record the Australia r4 release carries a full bitrate DTS track. How this compares in sound quality to the other regions I don't know though as I've not had them to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks