1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Point Break DTS jpn better than US?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by AlexBC, May 24, 2004.

1. AlexBC

AlexBC Second Unit

The review bellow doesn't mention a direct comparison to the R1 DTS track, but it does imply that the audio on the R2 jpn version is much better than the R1. From what I know there's been only one R1 release, and it carries the DTS track. Does anyone have information on this?

http://www.totaldvd.net/cgi-bin/dvdr...reviewid=10925

2. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

If this is an attempt to relate back to the other thread about Die Hard, it doesn't work.

This is a Paramount release...and not the same as the R1.

3. Moz

Moz Agent

CraigL,

I'm sorry but i don't see your point about the "same as the R1" thing...
    The purpose is to determine IF there are better editions from Japan or R3, isn't it ?
    It seems that this new release of POINT BREAK had a reinforcement in the DTS track, made by paramount japan. What do you want more ? An identical fox japan release to point out that this track is different ? I mean, if POINT BREAK DTS is better than the R1 version... that interest me, because there are a lot more titles coming out with DTS tracks from them, and that's my point !

4. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

No. You completely misunderstood me. I am speaking in relation to the Die Hard thread.

It's VERY possible that the DTS track on this Japanese version is better. It's a completely different company putting it out.

5. AlexBC

AlexBC Second Unit

It's not an attempt to relate back to anything.

I just read the review and, now I'd like to know whether it's really better or not. Because if it is, I'll double dip on this one.

I'm not trying ot prove any point, that the "same" from Japan is actually "different".

I was hoping maybe Phill himself could clear this out, as he checks this forum every now and then.

6. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

For the record the Australia r4 release carries a full bitrate DTS track. How this compares in sound quality to the other regions I don't know though as I've not had them to compare.