What's new

Pocupine Tree - In Absentia DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Michael_T

Second Unit
My copy should be on it's way soon from CDuniverse.com. They indicate it is in stock - and usually when that happens it ships out the Monday before the Tuesday release.

Can't wait.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I put in an order at CDUniverse also yesterday. I hope I can get a copy by the end of the week.

I'm a very big PT fan.:D

TomCW

Second Unit
Kyle
I feel your pain. When I was single (in a galaxy far, far away), I upgraded my equipment constantly, and bought every album (vinyl) that I thought might be good. Then I got married (best move of my life) and with kids I hardly bought anything for 20 years. But the point of this is, eventually the kids leave, and you have a diposable income once again. I've got an adequate surround system, and I can buy enough 'software' to make it jump. The only down side is, that my ears are not what they used to be!

Oh well, that's life!
Hang in there.

Tom

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Slightly off topic, but the second session of Porcupine Tree live will be on XM Music Lab tomorrow evening, to promote the new DVD-A.

Jason

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
Sounds like the surround recording will put the listener in the middle of the band (like many DVDA's). I have a problem when guitars come from behind me. Damn.

Brian Cal

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Dave. I hope everyone enjoys the disc as much as I have. And Kevin, don't worry about the fact that many of the guitars come from behind the listening area. The mix is exceptional, and completely convincing.

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone find this at a B&M store? The ol' job has me out of town this week, but I'll pass no fewer than three Best Buy stores on the way home Friday.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I really am hating the fact that I don't have my surround setup right now. I'm dying to hear this. The music is awesome.

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
Well my son introduced me to Porcupine Tree (PT) a few months ago & brought the DVD-A round the other night to audition ...
I haven't time to go into great detail but this is one of the best DVD-A's I have heard - PT's music is just made for the format with lots of LOUD bits & completely contrasting QUIET bits (!) The final track (of the original album) is a masterpiece (slow brooding full of strings - just makes me giddy thinking about it!)
The DVD-A has 3 extra tracks & 3 videos & is IMHO a must buy for any rock fan ... Paul ;)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Paul (and belatedly Brian C.). After all the talk here about the disc I was expecting at least a couple more HTF member reviews. I was at Best Buy last night and they had no copies & their computer said no other stores here had any copies either, so I was worried no one had this disc to listen to.

LJ

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Fantastic disc! I am planning to review it in our next issue if possible.

A minor peeve: sibilance on some of the vox. The bonus tracks also have an edgy high-end.

But overall, a great surprise, and a recommended purchase!

Cheers,

John Geelan

Screenwriter
excellent DVDA, the DTS tracks are stunning. Also love the videos.

highly recommended purchase if your a Rock fan.:emoji_thumbsup:

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
i'd definitely agree this is about as good as dvd-a gets[at least as far as DTS tracks go]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks