What's new

Pocahontas Anniversary Edition: May 3rd (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I would say that Hunchback and Hercules are pretty comparable transfers with the advantage going to Hunchback because of the anamorphic encoding. Pocahontas is pretty yucky, though, (pardon my use of such technical jargon) and Rescuers Down Under is only a little better. :)

Regards,

Arnold Y

Grip
Wait wait wait... Disney released a DVD of Pocahontas a few years back, then released a special edition last year, and now releasing another edition this year?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Last year, some regions got the If I Never Knew You REPRISE also animated and put back nto the film. Are we also getting this on the new release?
Does anyone have artwork for this new release?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I don't know where you are, but there's no SE of Pocahontas in R1 yet. There definitely wasn't one released in R1 last year. This will be the movie's second R1 release.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I sold my Lilo and Stitch in 2003 because the SE was supposed to be out in May 04, so I hope it actually does come out this year.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait to review this R1 DVD.

I saw this theatrically and the 35mm print was simply gorgeous...pristine, clear, lush...and NO GRAIN.

the current R1 DVD is an Abonination (as is Little Mermaid).

I've got my fingers crossed...

dave :)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Hmmm, is there a reason that John Smith isn't anywhere on the cover? Is the Mouse mad at Mel?

-Lyle J.P.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Looking forward to this but I wish they could have used the laserdisc cover art. Especially the CAV box art. Very classy. But hey, I really don't care as long the film to dvd looks great. :b

RomanSohor

Second Unit

You know what makes me laugh- The Little Mermaid was bring used as demo material in one of the projectrion rooms in my local Tweeter when I last went there a few months ago.

This big screen, with this tiny little picture in the middle, black bars around all four sides. Sheeeesh.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
You know what makes me laugh?

I don't know about you, but isn't the new Malick-helmed live-action Pocahontas movie supposed to come out this summer? That kinda makes *me* laugh, how the fates sometime line up so absurdly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.