What's new

PM problems (1 Viewer)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I was just using the PM feature and I tried to do message tracking to see if I had sent a message. This didn't not show any results, I check all three boxes I have, New, Sent and some other folder. Nothing was in any of the folder.

Anyone know why this is? Do these features work? I know sometimes I don't get notified right away when a new PM arrives, but other than that it's been pretty reliable.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
PMs aren't automatically tracked. You have to select tracking as an option when you send each individual message. It's "Request Read Receipt", which is the fourth option below the area for composing the message.

M.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Hmmm ok. The interface is different at AVSForum, and I though it would act the same. Let me try that out.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I just went back to look and Michael is right... DOH! Sorry for bringing up this stupid-user problem. =)

Neither the Save or Track selections were selected. I guess that explains it.

EDIT: Nope, just tried to click the box that would allow tracking and sent a PM. Then I tried to click on Message Tracking and nothing is listed. Something doesn't work.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
So after messing around I've got a new question....

How come sometimes a window will pop up alerting me to a new PM, other times (maybe other machines) I will not get the alert windows? If this was an option would it not be based on the user settings or on the machine's cookies?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
It is based on your options. When you log in with you username and password it was get your settings. Now if you are logged out and then you log in (that is you are going from one machine to another) the pop up will not work until you get off the forum and get back on. You can always check the bottom of the main page and it will tell you that you have a new message, that you have so many unread messages, etc.

Parker

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Nope, just tried to click the box that would allow tracking and sent a PM. Then I tried to click on Message Tracking and nothing is listed. Something doesn't work.
Are you writing the message first, then checking the box immediately before sending? You have to check the box for each specific message. It's not an option that can be selected globally. I know it works, because it's worked for me as recently as yesterday.
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks