Plz... help me with my HT setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by kuttaS, Jul 22, 2003.

1. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

i am looking to get my new home theater setup for my apartment family room. i own a sony 27 inch tv and want a HT setup for about $700-800. i have narrowed down some componenets but still need help in selecting.
    For Speakers, i want to get JBL NSP 1 II with PB10. i can get this for about $320. My other choice is getting Klipsch Quintets with ksw-10 which retail for about $550 or so.
    Now my biggest problem is receiver and dvd. i have seen some really good integrated dvd receiver like the JVC rX51sl for about $300 and the sony ES for about $350. the jvc one includes DVD-audio and the sony one has sacd playback. i have heard that integrated units suck so i am also considering some entry level receivers with separate dvd players. the receiers i am looking at are HK 125, 225; Denon 1603, 1803. the HK has really low power rating and i am a kind of person who wants to wake my neighors in the middle of the night. i want something powerfull enuff to shake my apartment. i also listen to lots of punjabi music so i want the loudness. HK doesnt seem powerfull enuff even when ppl say that dont get fooled by the power rating. i am more prone to DEnon 1603 because it is about $270 online. please comment me on my selections and suggest what should i do. also for the dvd player, i have no idea. i want something in $150 price range and want to have atleast dvd-audio or sacd playback since the integrated units feature those. plzzz hellp me i am too confoosed.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Then I'm glad you don't live in my apartment building. Remember, bothering neighbors makes for bad PR and for a possible broken lease and eviction for you.

What is your question, though? Are you asking for a receiver recommendation? The Denon 1803 is nice, and I use one in my bedroom setup (whose volume I keep low; you'd be amazed at how full-bodied low sound levels can be when you're sitting in a 5.1 system's sweet spot).

3. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

i need advice mainly for receiver and dvd player but i also want to know how the integrated units from jvc and sony compare to separate dvd and receiver

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

At the moment I'm thinking of headphone suggestions.

5. Thomas Nichols

Thomas Nichols Stunt Coordinator

I have the H/K 125. I have had it for about 9 months. The power rating is derived with all channels driven. It has MORE than enough power for me. It plays much louder than I could listen to on my Polk bookshelfs. I think it is a great receiver and would like it. You definitely should not worry about power.

6. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

how would the HK 125 go with my JBL nsp 1 II compared to denon because i have heard that jbl speaekrs have better performance with HK receivers

7. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

actually i am getting the NSP 1 II with pb12 for about $330. and the pioneeer dvd reeiver is about $150 online (its new so i gotta wait a lil). thats about $480. so i have like $250 to get a receiver for. any suggestions in that price range. tell me if i can get some HK or Denon for for that price range or a little more.