Plz help me choose my speakers!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by kuttaS, Jul 26, 2003.

1. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

okay i am looking between JBL NSP II paired up with PB10 thats costs about $360 total. now i found one another cool speaker system on ebay. it was Harman Kardon 5.1 speaker with 4 HKB4 sats, a center and subwoofer. it was for $409. plz suggest me which one is better. the url is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1499

2. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

kuttaS,

While both of the speakers that you are looking at will be good performers I would suggest checking out what some of the internet direct speaker companies have to offer. www.av123.com has a Rocket Tyke system coming out that is a really cool titanium looking speaker. This system is a complete 5.1 system and will be sold for $499.00. I would also check out what Ascend has to offer as well as both of these companies seem to offer great bang for the buck. Good luck with your decision![​IMG]

3. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

the Jbl I think would be the best thing. imo, check out the sound and vision with the 35 speaker systems for under 2000! great systems.

4. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

I second the JBP NSP1 option,

I think JBL is a great company for entry level setups, The NSP1 is very good. You sould make search in the forums and read all the reviews.

The only thing that I would change is the sub, try to go with the PB12 or if you want to stay in the price range go for the SA-WM500.

5. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

has anyone even used the HK HKB4 bookshelf speakers and the HKC center because they retail for like $200 a pair and ebay has them for $409 for 5.1 setup.

6. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

which speakers do you guys think will perform better with the H/K AVR 225 receiver.

7. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Don't get the HK speakers. Rule of thumb buy speakers from speaker (only) companies.
    James

8. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Second Unit

I second that opinion james, except in a few "freak" incidences. i.e. sony sa-wm40 sub. that is a great budget sub....im going to get the new 700 i think. even tho I have a no sony policy! Im not a fan of any hk gear...