What's new

Pluto TV (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
But anyway, Game Show Network used to be a good channel. Now, it's hours long blocks of Steve Harvey Family Feud (where the answer is always "Dick") and generic original stuff that really isn't worth watching. I'd hate to see Buzzr become that.

I used to like the Harvey Feud from when he first started-- he wasn't all that bad; nowadays, he's gone way downhill, and so has Feud.

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
Ugh, no, keep current stuff away from Buzzr. Hell, I feel that new batch of Newlywed Game from the late-90s they just acquired is too new. But, I get the channel over streaming so I don't have access to it. There's '81 Family Feud episodes airing in that slot every night instead, and I'm glad to see them.

But anyway, Game Show Network used to be a good channel. Now, it's hours long blocks of Steve Harvey Family Feud (where the answer is always "Dick") and generic original stuff that really isn't worth watching. I'd hate to see Buzzr become that.

Now, I agree, the weekend lineup could use some work. Different or shorter run shows, maybe. They have done that in one case, at least, with fresh episodes of Tom Kennedy Password Plus on Sunday nights while the regular weekday rotation is still the Allen Ludden episodes. But they could use more of that. And I guess if hours of Match Game per day didn't get viewers, they wouldn't be doing it. I'd also like to see fresh episodes of some stuff, the rotation isn't that bad and new batches are popping up all the time of various shows.

It's all better than what GSN is now, though.
Are these the 90s Newlyweds with Eubanks still hosting? I’m ok with those but anything post-Eubanks is worthless, especially since he was/is still alive and available.

Any time I try to watch a new game show I either get depressed or irritated. Bad hosts, bottom of the barrel questions.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Here in the UK I have pluto tv classics as part of my Samsung Smart 4k TV which i bought last december. When i started watchng it just had the old public domain tv shows run endlessly day after day. since easter they have been running 2 laurel and hardy features and about 8 shorts, again on an endless loop.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are these the 90s Newlyweds with Eubanks still hosting? I’m ok with those but anything post-Eubanks is worthless, especially since he was/is still alive and available.

Any time I try to watch a new game show I either get depressed or irritated. Bad hosts, bottom of the barrel questions.
Yeah, it's the 90s run that started out with a different host, then brought Bob in.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Robert, that was my fault as I mis-worded that statement as I meant to say to their current programs of game shows they have going on, not the hot garbage shows that are on ABC and other networks today. I'll correct that post at my end.

Here is what i wanted to say...If only BUZZR would just add some new programs and fresher episodes of the current shows they have airing on that network into their very stagnant lineup, especially the weekends, then this network would be much better overall.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert, that was my fault as I mis-worded that statement as I meant to say to their current programs of game shows they have going on, not the hot garbage shows that are on ABC and other networks today. I'll correct that post at my end.

Here is what i wanted to say...If only BUZZR would just add some new programs and fresher episodes of the current shows they have airing on that network into their very stagnant lineup, especially the weekends, then this network would be much better overall.

Oh, then we're in 100% agreement.

Hell, they have shows which have cycled through and disappeared, like Double Dare, Blockbusters, and Ray Combs' Family Feud, that could pop back up somewhere. Even Child's Play could occupy a half hour somewhere. And the B&W shows.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Oh, then we're in 100% agreement.

Hell, they have shows which have cycled through and disappeared, like Double Dare, Blockbusters, and Ray Combs' Family Feud, that could pop back up somewhere. Even Child's Play could occupy a half hour somewhere. And the B&W shows.

I'd see them before I ever saw any "game show" that anyone has today (outside of the Drew Carey TPIR) of now!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
In agreement that PlutoTV ad placement (and audio/picture quality) leaves a lot to be desired sometimes, especially when you consider other similar services carrying the same networks (like STIRR) do better with ad placement, etc. I get a much better viewing experieice of Buzzr via STIRR than I ever have with Pluto.

I'd love it if the Barker/TPIR channel would also expand over to STIRR after the whole Pluto-exclusive thing expires.

Since Sony wouldn't licence those Newlywed Game episdoes for the streaming channel, maybe that means Sony is thinking of launching their own oldies game show feed....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks