What's new

Pluto TV (1 Viewer)

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
I just bumped into this thing. I'm brand new to it. It's free, but it has commercials. It has a TON of channels seemingly dedicated to just one show, such as Dr Who, which I have on now with Tom Baker, Price is Right (the OLD episodes with Barker), Dark Shadows, Beverley Hillbillies, The Rifleman, and the list seems endless. I think you can watch perpetually without signing up. One hitch is from what I understand they never go over 720p, at least not yet anyway. It looks pretty nifty to me: https://pluto.tv/en/

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Yes, has a lot of great shows. One thing I noticed is not the entire run is shown each show. Love Boat only plays a certain number of seasons, so if you watch a lot you'll see the same episodes over and over. Family Ties was playing the the early seasons over and over but I see that they just added some later season episodes.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Pluto is owned by ViacomCBS.

So yeah, you'll see a lot of channels dedicated to CBS-owned shows, like the Hillbillies, Happy Days, Love Boat, Star Trek, and others. They also have a Rescue 911 channel.

The Price is Right channel is Pluto exclusive until December 1.

And yes, it's free. However, outside the exclusive channels, other platforms are better. Pluto has always had issues with screwing up ad placement, and that gets quite annoying. Other platforms don't have that issue with the same channels.

But if you can get over that or don't have that issue on the channel you're watching, it's a decent enough service.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Pluto is owned by ViacomCBS.

So yeah, you'll see a lot of channels dedicated to CBS-owned shows, like the Hillbillies, Happy Days, Love Boat, Star Trek, and others. They also have a Rescue 911 channel.

The Price is Right channel is Pluto exclusive until December 1.

And yes, it's free. However, outside the exclusive channels, other platforms are better. Pluto has always had issues with screwing up ad placement, and that gets quite annoying. Other platforms don't have that issue with the same channels.

But if you can get over that or don't have that issue on the channel you're watching, it's a decent enough service.
Robert, after 12/1/2021, where would TPIR be airing their episodes then? Maybe on BUZZR starting in 2022?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Yes, has a lot of great shows. One thing I noticed is not the entire run is shown each show. Love Boat only plays a certain number of seasons, so if you watch a lot you'll see the same episodes over and over. Family Ties was playing the the early seasons over and over but I see that they just added some later season episodes.

IIRC, that depends on what they have rights to-- is that correct?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I just bumped into this thing. I'm brand new to it. It's free, but it has commercials. It has a TON of channels seemingly dedicated to just one show, such as Dr Who, which I have on now with Tom Baker, Price is Right (the OLD episodes with Barker), Dark Shadows, Beverley Hillbillies, The Rifleman, and the list seems endless. I think you can watch perpetually without signing up. One hitch is from what I understand they never go over 720p, at least not yet anyway. It looks pretty nifty to me: https://pluto.tv/en/

The 007 channel is the best!!!
They also have a mlb channel
Plus on demand for some movies.

Agreed the picture is fair at best.

I still constantly turn on the 007 channel to see what’s on.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Also there is a 007 Pluto thread here!

What a country!

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Another Dr. Is available in the on demand section. Dr. No!
Excellent choice, the one that started it all. I purchased the complete Bond Blu ray collection a few years ago and currently watching the Spy Who Loved Me.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Excellent choice, the one that started it all. I purchased the complete Bond Blu ray collection a few years ago and currently watching the Spy Who Loved Me.

I just listened to a great commentary podcast on that one! The 00 Files! It’s great!

Last edited:

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert, after 12/1/2021, where would TPIR be airing their episodes then? Maybe on BUZZR starting in 2022?

The TPIR channel will continue on Pluto as it's been since December 1, 2020, and will now be available on the Redbox app as well.

I look forward to that, because maybe Redbox has their shit together as far as commercial placement, not cutting into the feed at random times with ads, and freezing up for 10 minutes for no good reason the way Pluto does.

So, I'll finally get to see if I've been overly harsh on Pluto and the problem comes from wherever the feed they air originates, or if they really do need to get it together.

Charles 22

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roy
The TPIR channel will continue on Pluto as it's been since December 1, 2020, and will now be available on the Redbox app as well.

I look forward to that, because maybe Redbox has their shit together as far as commercial placement, not cutting into the feed at random times with ads, and freezing up for 10 minutes for no good reason the way Pluto does.

So, I'll finally get to see if I've been overly harsh on Pluto and the problem comes from wherever the feed they air originates, or if they really do need to get it together.
My thus far brief foray yesterday, I got a commercial, on my computer that is, and didn't have a problem with it, but maybe they work every once in a while? Naturally, I've no idea about commercials otherwise.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
If only BUZZR would just add some new programs and episodes of current shows into their very stagnant lineup, especially the weekends.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If only BUZZR would just add some new programs and episodes of current shows into their very stagnant lineup, especially the weekends.

Ugh, no, keep current stuff away from Buzzr. Hell, I feel that new batch of Newlywed Game from the late-90s they just acquired is too new. But, I get the channel over streaming so I don't have access to it. There's '81 Family Feud episodes airing in that slot every night instead, and I'm glad to see them.

But anyway, Game Show Network used to be a good channel. Now, it's hours long blocks of Steve Harvey Family Feud (where the answer is always "Dick") and generic original stuff that really isn't worth watching. I'd hate to see Buzzr become that.

Now, I agree, the weekend lineup could use some work. Different or shorter run shows, maybe. They have done that in one case, at least, with fresh episodes of Tom Kennedy Password Plus on Sunday nights while the regular weekday rotation is still the Allen Ludden episodes. But they could use more of that. And I guess if hours of Match Game per day didn't get viewers, they wouldn't be doing it. I'd also like to see fresh episodes of some stuff, the rotation isn't that bad and new batches are popping up all the time of various shows.

It's all better than what GSN is now, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks