Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
You gotta love the fact that there's a Tales of the Plush Cthulhu FAQ. :D

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!

Waiting for Julie to show up...

Julie K

Screenwriter
Yeah, it may be old, but Tales of the Plush Cthulhu needs to be seen by all.

In further plush Cthulhu news, I simply must have these My only fear is, that if they get hungry they'll eat my sole.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
LOL Julie, that got to be the nastiest slippers ever...

What about a bunny slipper on one foot and a cthulhu slipper on the other?... :)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
How come everyone seems to know what a "Cthulhu" is except for me? I've been to a lot of zoos, but have never seen anything remotely close to a "Cthulhu". Is it like a weird squid thing?

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Look in the FAQ for the stuffed-toy link above. But be warned, you may never return....

Julie K

Screenwriter
The Call of Cthulhu

You wouldn't want to see Cthulhu in a zoo, or anywhere else for that matter. To actually see Cthulhu, or any of the other Great Old Ones, is to risk serious damage to one's sanity. However, a description of artwork made shouldn't be too dangerous...

"It seemed to be a sort of monster, or symbol representing a monster, of a form which only a diseased fancy could conceive. If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings; but it was the general outline of the whole which made it most shockingly frightful. Behind the figure was a vague suggestions of a Cyclopean architectural background."

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

Julie, where can I find those slippers? I must have them, not because I'm a huge Cthulhu fan, just because they are the most obnoxious looking things ever! :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What was the creature that was outside the gates of Moria in Fellowship of the Rings? Was that a Cthulhu or at least based on one?

Julie K

Screenwriter

It's not "a Cthulhu." Cthulhu is the proper name of a hideous alien creature who once ruled the earth and desires to do so again, once the 'stars are right'. He currently resides dead but dreaming in the sunken city of R'lyeh which is not anywhere near Moira.

However, Lovecraft did write Call of Cthulhu long before Tolkien wrote his little story. It is possible that Tolkien took the idea of sunken tentacled monster from Lovecraft, but I rather doubt it.

But then, according to the 'vault39' of the Unspeakable Vault of Doom above, Cthulhu really needs a better agent and Peter Jackson needs more hobbits.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Cthulhu plush slippers. Hilarious. As is the Cthulu plush tale I have just viewed.

I seriously need to get those slippers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks