What's new

Plus Piano demo today (1 Viewer)

I am going to a dealer today to see a demo of the Plus Piano HE-3100 projector today. I acknowledge the fact that it does not do HD, but since I'm only looking at DVD playback, that doesn't concern me. I was mainly going to see what the 450 lumens looks like and if it will be bright enough to keep me happy. I've never really looked at projectors as they have always been way too far out of my price range and would appreciate any comments as to what I should look for or questions I should ask. Any comments from other 3100 owners would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a good web site that posts good reviews by individuals as opposed to professional opinions. This projector looks soooo sweet on paper (especially since it dropped to $2699 because of the upcoming release of the 3200) and I would love to hear or read testimonials from real people using this guy.

Also, I was talking to the dealer about possibly aquiring his demo unit when the new one comes out in July, any comments about issues with used projectors also would be nice.

Pete

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Be sure to at least try viewing some of the other projectors in that price range as well before making a final purchase. Here are a few:

1. Panasonic AE100 (848x480, 700 lumens) at $1400
2. NEC LT154 (1024x768, 900 lumens) at $2100
3. NEC VT45 (800x600, 10000 lumens) at $1800

There's probably a bunch I'm missing too. If you go up a little in price, you get into the HP XB31 range.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I haven't actually seen it demo'd but it is a very small and easy to manage unit and I believe it is a 840x600 resolution projector. There is a store about 10 minutes from where I work. I will have to make it a point of visiting it this week to see their demo. They also have the Sharp 9000 and Runco dlp which are in another price bracket? :D

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
It's a dual mode DMD chip, with two resolutions: 848x480 and 800x600.

It has no optical zoom *boggle*. The HE-3200 adresses this absolutely horrible oversight. The HD-3200 also addresses the lack of HDTV input, though it can still only output SDTV. On off contrast is a very good 700:1, though the ANSI is unpublished. It does have DVI input, but it's non-HDCP compliant. It has a 4x colorwheel, which is reasonably fast. Most people should not experience rainbows with this.

The biggest issue is the 450 ANSI lumens. You need a pretty small or pretty high gain screen along with a very dark room to really enjoy this projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks