Pluging the computer to the Denon3802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Antonio_D, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Antonio_D

Antonio_D Agent

hi all,how are you?
    i planning to buy a Denon 3802 and i would like to ask you for example if i wanna plug my computer to this receiver;in which holes should i put the cables in.
    So please use the picture below to show me exactly where.
    Thanks in advance!
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...802&display=XL

2. Antonio_D

Antonio_D Agent

3. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

Assuming that you are hooking hour computer sound up using a stereo analog connection, get a 1/8" stereo jack -to- dual RCA connector cable (Radio Shack or some similar place will sell them), put the 1/8" stereo jack into the "line out" of your sound card and plug the RCA connectors into the Denon's CD or VDP or VCR-1 or VCR-2 (anything except Phono). Basically, whatever is not already being used, put the computer signal there.

-JNS

4. Rodrigo Mansill

There are 2 ways to connect your Denon and your computer:
    - Analog: Using an 1/8" to Stereo RCA in an analog input of your receiver.
    - Digital: (my choice.... a lot of less noise). If you have a soundcard with digital output, like a SB Live! (Platinum with Live!Drive or the original deluxe first one, like me), Audigy (with Live!Drive, again) or Extigy you can connect it to your receiver digital input.
    If you have a SB Live! value, you can buy a digital daughterboard o a Live! Drive to make this digital hookup.
    Maybe you can buy a new sound card with digital out. I've seen a lot of info about that in http://www.minidisc.org
    - Digital (external device): You can use a DIGITAL Minidisc port (or the Harman/Kardon MP3 device) to connect from the USB port of your computer.
    If it is coaxial, you need a coaxial cable. Otherwise it's optical, you need an standard optical card.
    BTW you have to asign the input in the Denon.
    Good Luck!