What's new

Plugging a Guitar into a HK 125..... (1 Viewer)

Alan_M

Grip
I have a Fender Strat and I'm wondering if it is possible
to connect it to my Harman Kardon 125.

Can I kill the reciever?
Can I listen to myself through in glorious 5.1 while
trying to jam with the late great Roy Buchanan?
If it is possible, what cables/accessories do I need?
:star:

John S

Senior HTF Member
A good mic, and a mixing console, that mixes down to -10db line levels. Mic your guitar amp.

No other way really works.

Bass will somewhat work well, but not guitar.

Eddie Clark

Auditioning
just get a little practice amp...

or do what I do...

when I wanna play along, I hook up my wireless into my 1970's JMP, crank it, go upstairs and play along :)

Cheers,
-Eddie

Chuck Schilling

Stunt Coordinator
I sure wouldn't do it. You can get yourself a cheapie Frontman practice amp for less than $100 if you want to play along with Roy, though I'd recommend a Laney LC-15 or LC-15r (has reverb).

My LC-15r, with replacement loudspeaker (mandatory, the stock speaker sucks), absolutely rips. Depending on how I set gain and volume levels, I can get everything from a ringing, chiming clean tone a la Vox AC-15, to a nasty, positively more-Marshall than Marshall distorted tone. All in a 15 watt package you can get on eBay for less than 200 bucks. Absolutely killer practice amp.

I say this not because I own one (hell, I own six amps and have owned many others over the years), but because it IS the perfect practice amp IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks