Plug w/Martin Logans?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven Phipps, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Steven Phipps

Steven Phipps Stunt Coordinator

Steve Phipps
    I have had a pair of ML's for about three months now, and have a question...These are the first speakers I have ever owned which require a power cord. I have an outlet with one of two outlets are switched (remote turn on & off x-10), the amp is in the outlet that is not switchable, one of the speakers, plugged in to the switchable outlet. Last night I was calibrating the speakers, and was surprised when one of the two had a much lower output from the test tone off of my receiver. The light was on , on the bottom of my Aerius speakers, everything hooked up correctly. I had to give up on it last night (I was pissing the wife off, who just wanted to watch a movie), so I got up this morning worrying that it might be the new amp I had just got. After screwing around with everything, I finally unplugged and plugged back in the plug of the speaker with the lower, weaker volume. and presto, it sounded like the other one. Then, being the curious guy that I am, I unplugged it again to see if it would lose the volume and higher frequency, but it didn't. Anyone know what could have happened, very wierd to me. Thanks...

2. Steven Phipps

Steven Phipps Stunt Coordinator

Steve Phipps
    Actually, it seems as though the speakers hold a charge for a while, maybe that's my answer.

3. Robert A. Willis Jr.

Robert A. Willis Jr. Second Unit

I have had this problem once or twice. The fix appears to be: Make sure that you have a very tight connection on the power connectors. Sometimes the connectors appear to be fully seated but aren't.

rw