What's new

Please Watch Firefly tonight (1 Viewer)

Amy Barnes

Grip
>> I've seen every one aired so far... and I have yet to figure out why it was avertised with "a crew that includes a girl in a box.".....

For Dr. Joe:
You posted awhile back, but I wasn't sure if you really got a direct answer to your question. The girl in a box is a reference to the original, un-aired, 2-hour pilot, which will finally be shown on Dec. 20th.

If you've read any more of these threads you probably learned that the episodes have been shown out of order as well (nice going, Fox). But I hope you've stuck with it! This Friday's (Nov 15th) episode might be the deciding factor as to whether Fox picks it up for a full season.

Hope that helps!
Amy

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Another late vote for Andromeda.

I like Firefly and the characters are really starting to grow on me. I was put off by it's quirky cross genre nature but I knew Joss would at least keep me entertained. I'm glad I stuck around I like where things are heading. All I can do is hope it sticks around.

Maybe it's time Fox let a show build up a hard core audience and see where the chips fall.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
I have not been this enthralled with a first-season series since The X-Files. Whedon, Minear, Edlund and Molina took a little time to get the right feel for the show, but they are certainly on the right track now. It would be a shame if Fox didn't give the show a full season to grab an audience, but I do understand their hesitation with the cost and ratings issues.
I do ask everyone who will be at home tonight at 8pm ET/PT to give the show a try. Keep an open mind and I think you will enjoy yourself.:D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Lord Whedon is pleased with his servant Brian :)
Please tell all your friends everyone to watch tonight. It's going to kick ass, and this will be the episode that decides which way Firefly slides on the bubble

Aaron Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone been of the mind to track the ratings so far?
I know Fox compares it to other Friday shows, in addition to, as Jason said earlier, those movies coming up in that same time period.
Still, I'd feel better if I knew that ratings are improving over time.
(On the other hand, if "Happy Gilmore" and, may God protect us all, "The Brady Bunch Go to the White House" do better than "Firefly", then it's time to cue up the DVD request list.)

Aaron Thomas
Be Afraid (in two weeks). Be Very Afraid.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Here's the ratings from zap2it.com

1.01 - The Train Job - 4.9/7
1.02 - Bushwacked - 3.6/7
1.03 - Our Mrs. Reynolds - 4.3/8
1.04 - Jaynestown - 2.7/5
1.05 - Out of Gas - 3.0/6
1.06 - Shindig - 2.8/5
1.07 - Safe - 2.9/5
1.08 - Ariel - ???
1.09 - War Stories - ???
1.10 - Heart Of Gold - ???

For comparison, here's the last four episodes of John Doe

1.04 - 4.0/7
1.05 - 3.9/7
1.06 - 3.8/7
1.07 - 4.1/7
1.08 - ???

they've mostly dropped, but held up a little in the end, hopefully tonights gets at least 3.3/6 or something equally high. I pray it's scoring good tonight...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Great episode, however, I think Jayne really deserved to at least be left behind. I'm glad to see River's getting the help she deserves. I doubt Jayne will be kicked off, considering his big fan appeal, but I really dislike him...

This was one of the best episodes as of yet. I really hope for a full season at least, to tie up all of the loose ends and such. This show could really be so much, I hope FOX gives is some more chances, and I realize that they've really stuck with it, but they have to realize that part of the low ratings are their fault. Skipping on the 2 hour pilot was insane, and probably turned off people after the first episode (who's that? what's going on? why are they there?).

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
SPOILER ALERT for those on the West Coast or who tape the show:

I agree. It was another excellent episode. Busy, but paced well. Knowing Whedon's penchant for killing off major ensemble characters and Mal's lack of compassion to people who screw him over (i.e. kicking a man into a jet engine in The Train Job), I thought Jayne just might buy the farm tonight. As much as this self-centered dufus brings to the series, an event like that could spur on some interesting new directions. Let us hope that we can see more of these characters. I hope that the lack of a promo for the next episode ("War Stories", set for Dec. 6th) isn't a bad omen (FOX does do that kind of thing from time to time).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Fox is running movies the next two weeks on Friday; "John Doe" didn't have one either. A "In three weeks, on 'Firefly'" would be unusual and probably not terribly effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks