What's new

Please vote in this important film restoration campaign! (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Hi folks.
As most readers of the forum are aware, I've been working with Dan Curtis Productions on a proposed restoration of his film NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS. At the present Turner who owns the film is a bit doubtful that there's an audience for the film and we need to show them that there is a horror audience fanbase for this film. Please go to the Turner Classic Movies website at Link Removed and under the section "REQUEST A MOVIE"put in a vote for 'NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS 129 MIN RESTORED VERSION.' Please make sure to mention that it is the long version you're interested in seeing, not the short one! Every vote counts. If you're a fan of horror, particularly of the gothic suspense nature, please put in a vote for it. It may be the only way this long version will be shown to an audience!
I thank you.
Link Removed

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
...As most readers of the forum are aware, I've been working with Dan Curtis Productions on a proposed restoration of his film NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS...
Most readers of this forum? Sorry, Darren. I was never aware of such an effort. Where were the posts regarding this subject? As I have regularly browsed the HTF since my membership began, I am surprised I never saw anything on this. As a matter of fact, I posted a request in the STUDIO FEEDBACK section a few months ago for the release of HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS and NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS. So, I am truly surprised I missed this.
confused.gif

Regardless, I am there.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Sorry guys. I had posted this before in the Mobius Science Fiction forum and forgot to remove that sentence about 'members of this forum etc.' Most of the folks over there have seen my frequent posts and updates. I've only posted about them here a few times. For more info please check out the restoration website which is www.nightofdarkshadows.com
The most important news of the moment is that there apparently are a few 16mm prints of HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS out there in the hands of private collectors that contain a longer version , running about 5-10 minutes longer. These longer prints and the negatives for them are no longer held by the studio and I'm offering a $1000 reward to the collector that will let me borrow and copy the print in order to preserve it.

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
Done.
Now if I could just see the last 15 min of the "New Dark Shadows" The Bush 1 War (golf) started during the last 15 mins and the station went to breaking news never came back to the show.
kd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks