Please someone link me to a good spam blocker

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Joe Szott, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

My email box is overrun, I'm just sick of it. Don't want to download something withouit some advice first. Please suggest anything you guys feel is useful. Best...

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Joe:

I good program that will allow you to download all your emails and have them checked for spam first is MailWasher Pro here.

Once MailWasher has checked your email it will check off the ones that it sees as spam, you then can delete them all at once and afterwards open you email program to read only those that you have selected to view.

Give it a shot. It works great.

Parker

3. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Concur on mailwasher, I use the freeware version, works great.[​IMG]

4. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Thank you gents, I'll give that a shot.

5. Cary_H

Cary_H Second Unit

I'll vouch for MailWasher as well. I've been using it for over a year now.
    The filters work well and are easy to setup. The real beauty of it is being able to view what mail you've got on your ISP's mail server, prior to bringing it in with your PC's resident mail program.
    I get about 80ish spams a day. To make it real quick and easy I select all messages to be bounced sparing me the trouble of doing this manually. I then unselect the few legitimate ones I do want.
    I suggest you set it up so you open your resident program manually once you're done with MW. By default I believe MW executes this automatically. I found this to be a pain.
    In addition, make sure to let it complete it's whole routine of bouncing unwanted mail before going and closing it. I was getting BSOD if I closed MW before it had completed doing it's thing, 'til I clued in.
    I recall it can be setup to delete any stuff received that meets the criteria in your filters prior to you seeing it. I don't suggest allowing that. You'd never know what it dumped that you might have wanted to keep.

6. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I am using the new version of Microsoft Outlook and find the built in junk email filters work very well.

I just deleted my Junk Email folder last week, when it topped 1000 junk messages. Only 1 or 2 of those made it to my inbox undetected.