PLEASE sign the petition for Alien 3 SE

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Simkiss, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Dave Simkiss

Dave Simkiss Stunt Coordinator

Dave Simkiss
    http://www.petitiononline.com/zz936z/petition.html
    Its an online petition to persuade 20th Century Fox to release a special edition of the underrated, misunderstood classic Alien 3 It will only take half a minute to fill in and could honestly make a difference.
    Thanks for your time
    Pineapples

2. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Alien3 is terrible in my opinion. There's already a very good THX DVD of Alien3 already in stores. Check it out.

3. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    I think his point, Terrell, is that behind the murky studio mess of Alien 3, is an could-have-been-exceptional film by David Fincher. It would be nice to see what could have been. I normally blow off petitions, but I signed that one. Fox had lightning in the bottle on this one, didn't know it, and sold out it's director for quick summer money because they simply wanted an Alien or Aliens clone. The current DVD is nice. For the theatrical release.

That said, we'll never see light of day of an SE. Fincher and Fox have moved on. I signed to show support.

Take care,

Chuck

4. Blaine Skerry

Blaine Skerry Second Unit

I've always thought ALIEN3 was the second-best film in the series, ALIEN being my favourite. I've signed the petition. Thanks for the heads-up, Dave.

5. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Well, I disagree. It's so bad I really don't see anything about how it could be improved. I'd like to see Fincher try, although I think he has better things to do. I thought his point was there was no decent DVD of the film released so far. He didn't say he wanted a new director's cut. I'll sign it, but I don't think Fincher has a interest. He made a great looking film, but then he usually does. So I'll sign it.

Ok, petition signed. Hope my sig helps Dave. Good luck.

6. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

Alien3 is a great flick IMHO. I dont think its ever gonna happen. Ever!

7. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

It would be neat to see a Fincher cut of A^3, but it ain't gonna happen. Fincher has said repeatedly he has zero interest in revisiting A^3 and Fox has also repeatedly said they don't want to either. Given that both parties for once agree that they don't want to do it, I think the likelihood of Fincher's cut ever seeing the light of day is zilch.

- guy

8. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Could a mod please change the title of this thread to something that better describes it.

9. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I signed. #186!
    I'm glad to see Terrell lent his support, despite his burning hatred for the film. [​IMG]
    And what's with the guy who signed before me? His comment: "Alien3 sucks". How helpful.

10. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

It has been said on numorous occasions by 20th Century Fox and David Fincher that an Alien3 special edition is not going to happen. No petitions, no sit-ins, no hunger strikes, no chaining oneself to a tree, no setting oneself on fire, is ever going to make this a reality.

David Fincher was a young filmmaker when he was given the greenlight to direct Alien3. The studio did not like his vision of this film and asked him to throw out his vision and create a studio cut of his film.

One of the things in his vision of Alien3 was the there would be no score. None. You hear only the dialogue and sound effects so as to simulate the feeling of being trapped in an isolated prison.

David Fincher was upset over what the studio wanted him to do but did it anyway. It was his first Hollywood film and if he went against the studio, it would be his last.

20th Century Fox even went so far as to not save any materials for a special edition laserdisc release. The only thing that was available for DVD was a making-of featurette and trailer.

That's it end of story, bye-bye, see you later.

11. L. Anton Dencklau

L. Anton Dencklau Second Unit

12. Claire_B

Claire_B Agent

I signed.

I hate it when people ruin other people's dream. All it takes is 30 seconds.

Good Luck.

13. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Signed the petition though there are many other films I would like to see an SE of before this film. I doubt it will ever happen, but it is worth a try.

J

14. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Fincher doesn't need to be involved in the actual work. All one needs is a good editor to recreate Fincher's cut, based on the vhs of Fincher's rough cut.

Will this happen? Hmm, lets see, does Fox want money?

15. Charles de Lauzirika

Insider

16. TheoGB

TheoGB Screenwriter

Alien³. You can get a superscript in ASCII by holding down ALT and typing 252 on the numeric keypad. Just for future reference.[​IMG]

17. Dave Simkiss

Dave Simkiss Stunt Coordinator

Dave Simkiss
    Thanks to all those who have signed so far. It's jumped to about 280 in only a day. I appreciate the support :0)

18. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

While I'm going to sign the petition, I thought we had already beat this topic to death... considering Fox has said in the past (if I recall correctly) that the original film elements no longer exist for Fincher's cut and therefore can not be recreated short of reshooting them. Don't mean to dash anyone's hopes, but methinks this is a lost cause.

19. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

You might want to re-read your petition. You spelled "deleted" wrong.

20. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter