What's new

Please sign my petition for CLASS OF 1984 & CLASS OF 1999 on VHS & DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

JoeG

Grip
Hello!
This petition, which I am asking you to sign, is intended to get the attention of ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT, a company that over the years has gotten respect from the movie fan community, especially the cult fans, for releasing films like George Romero’s horror classics DAWN OF THE DEAD and DAY OF THE DEAD, Sam Raimi’s EVIL DEAD films, under-appreciated Italian horror director Luci Fulci’s flicks like ZOMBIE, and so forth. It can be considered FANBOYS, INC really.
The reason I want ANCHOR BAY’s attention is for a specific reason.
I want the company to get the rights next time they are up for the films CLASS OF 1984 (1982), and CLASS OF 1999 (1990).
CLASS OF 1984 is about Andy, who is a new teacher at an inner city high school that is like nothing he has ever seen before. The students have to go through a metal detector when they go through the front door and everything is basically run by a tough kid named Peter Stegman. Soon, Andy and Stegman become enemies and Stegman will stop at nothing to protect his turf and drug dealing business.
CLASS OF 1999 is about android teachers who have been secretly placed in the schools where the students have run riot. The teachers do a god job of controlling the unruly youngsters, until they go too far and some students get suspicious, especially a former student/punk who recently returned to the high school after being paroled from jail.
Both films are great “B” films. Unlike most TERMINATOR rip-offs like AMERICAN CYBORG: STEEL WARRIOR and NEMESIS, CLASS OF 1999 is good on its own.
I am asking ANCHOR BAY that they release both films on VHS and DVD, or at least on VHS, with a new re-mastered soundtrack and picture.
I have facts back up why these films should be released under the ANCHOR BAY banner:
*CLASS OF 1984 was Michael J. Fox’s film debut and yes, Mary Beth, that boy from BACK TO THE FUTURE, TV’s FAMILY TIES and SPIN CITY.
*Roddy McDowell(PLANET OF THE APES films) plays a teacher in CLASS OF 1984 and catch this: In a scene, he threatens to shoot a punk student if he gets a problem wrong!
*STACEY KEACH(John Carpenter’s ESCAPE FOM L.A., TV’s TITUS), Pam Grier(FOXY BROWN, COFFEY, Quentin Tarantino’s JACKIE BROWN), and Malcolm McDowell (A CLOCKWORK ORANGE) are the stars in CLASS OF 1999.
*Patrick Kilpatrick, a player of numerous action movies like ERASER, REPLACEMENT KILLERS, LAST MAN STANDING, UNDER SEIGE 2, & DEATH WARRANT, is in this as the gym teacher. Uh-oh….
*Both films are directed and co-written by Mark L. Lester, who has directed more than these two flicks. He is a veteran action director. He has directed COMMANDO(starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and produced by Joel Silver), FIRESTARTER, the cult-hit ROLLER BOOGIE, and SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO with Brandon Lee.
*Also, the posters kick ass (my favorite is the one for CLASS OF 1999). Here are the links to look at them:
CLASS OF 1984:Link Removed
CLASS OF 1999:Link Removed
If you agree with me, please post a reply with your name, and your e-mail address and a message would be great, but you’re not obligated to write it in.
P.S. -
If a DVD of both films is released, if they have the following features I’ll be at least satisfied:
*Wide-screen (doesn’t matter which kind, but I’m biased to the standard MGM uses, which is the 1.85:1 kind).
*Re-mastered soundtrack with Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 Surround Sound, and THX re-mastered picture(or at least re-master the picture, it needs it badly.)
*Theatrical trailers of both films.
*Cast/crew biographies and filmographies.
*Audio commentary by at least Mark L. Lester for both films.
That is enough to satisfy me.
Thank you for reading this!

JoeG

Grip
If you want to contact Anchor Bay DIRECTLY about the campaign to put CLASS OF 1984 and CLASS OF 1999 on new VHS and DVD, e-mail them at this address:
[email protected]
Please do two things to help make the goal of the campaign a possibility:
(1) Name EXACTLY what you want released from them!
&
(2) Refer them to this page, specifically this forum and this thread. We need to get THEIR attention!
Thank You!
JoeG

JoeG

Grip
No new news on the campaign.

I will set up a web-page for this campaign, in which it'll be the official HQ for now on. Until then, this thread is still the HQ.

I sent Harry Knowles, head huncho of AICN website, a e-mail about my campaign.

I'm waiting on response.

Anyway, until then, live the life you want!

JoeG

C

Christina_V

I'd love for both Class of 1984 & 1999 to get released on dvd with ORIGINAL poster art!!
The films must also be the uncut versions....i know a unrated version of 1999 is on video and the European version of 1984 is supposed to be uncut,compared to the US R rated version.

JoeG

Grip
Great idea Christina_V!!!
Both CLASS films being released un-cut on VHS & DVD from ANCHOR BAY would be just peachy. Along with the original poster art on the covers would be awesome also.
CLASS OF 1999:
Link Removed
CLASS OF 1984:
Link Removed
Until the the campaign's goal is realized, check these links to the posters!!!
They would fit the DVD cover nicely.
JoeG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks