What's new

Please recommend some good sites to buy Region 4 (Brazil) NTSC titles. (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I just had an interesting order experience from DVD World in Brazil. Some have recommended this site, but I am definitely not comfortable sending an unsecure fax of my credit card (front and back), plus a banking statement, and a letter of authorization releasing credit information: Authorization Form

This is what they expect for a first time buyer. Has anyone else had to do this as well?

I've bought a few things from overseas before and this is the first time I've run into this kind of intrusion.

Are there other reputable businesses for a good to great selection of Region 4 NTSC titles without the hassle? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanx! A newbie to the world of region free-dom!

Dan

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator
A few companies (including US based) ask for credit card information (a scan of the card is usually asked for). Removing some of the card info is enough for security purposes. And email the whole lot.

I've never heard of problems with www.dvdworld.com.br but if you're not comfortable don't use them.

As for those other requests -again- obscure some of your bank info on the bank statement. Of course the company are asking for this due to fraud and them not getting the money from the bank months later. Many countires don't have access to bank information so can't confirm the cardholder is who he says he is. Many stores now use banks who provide a transaction service. That's not cheap but it still makes for good business.

I used www.dvdbrazil.com with no problem.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I looked at the shipping fee to the U.S. using DVD Brazil and it came to $40+ total for ONE disc!

Ouch!

How's CD Point?

Dan

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator
Never heard of them.

If you're only buying one DVD shipping will be expensive from most countries. Try buying several and selling them on or do a co-buy.

AlexBC

Second Unit
Dan,

CDpoint is great, they're very realiable. They're usually my source for R1 DVDs over here in Brazil (since we have to pay exorbitant import fees. But don't worry there are no export fees).
I believe they have an english interface as well. But if you have any trouble going through their site, I can help you with that

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks