What's new

Please recommend some "cost effective" 36" stands for the Paradigm MM/Studio 20s. (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
I'm looking to use these speakers as my surrounds so I need 4 cheap speaker stands that are 36 inches high. The only stand that has a large enough top plate seems to be the Plateau L 36, but it's not the best looking speaker stand I've seen. So I wanted to hear what you guys are using, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
James

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Mine are cost effective, but not the most formal. I went to one of those organization stores and bought some plastic crates that are stackable. Stack as many as you need to get to your desired height. They come in different colors. I then put all my HT magizenes in the crates. It only cost about $20 and I got extra storage. Not the most ellgant solution, but it works for me. Be creative. You don't have to put speaker on speaker stands.

james e m

Second Unit
Thanks for the information guys, I really appreciate it! I'm still on the hunt for some speaker stands and I'm curious to hear what the other Paradigm owners are using.
James

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
None of the stands that PE carries are 36" tall. The question is, why 36", that isn't a very common height for stands and seems a bit tall to me. Mine are only 26" tall (Paradigm S26), and my dealer said he thought they were a bit tall for my Monitor 5s. My surrounds are on S30 stands which puts them about the same height as the M5s.
I haven't found a good way to fill these, so I am considering the high mass 24" fillable stands from PE.
I have adjustable stands similar to the ones menitoned by Vin, and they do not work well for larger bookshelf speakers. Mine are adjustable up to 42", but at that height, they feel unstable with Paradigm Titans on them. There is a hole at the bottom in the tube for the wire to be fed through, so I cannot fill these without sealing them somehow, but I am pretty happy with the Paradigm stands, except for the mass loading issue. I haven't looked at the J Series.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Surrounds should be 2-3' above listening height, which is usually about 2.5-3'. So a final height of 4.5-5'. Better to use a small shelf or mounting brackets.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have my surrounds at the same level as the mains, which is ear level when seated, and it sounds great. Quite an improvement from my brackets because you do not have the ability to easily correct for room effect.

james e m

Second Unit
Thanks guys, the reason I want the 36" stands is because with my couch, the stands need to be about 36" to raise the tweeter to about ear level. I'm looking at these
Bell 'O stands but I don't like the fact that they are no fillable.
James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks