What's new

Please reassure me about my new Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition (1 Viewer)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I just bought a copy of T2:Judgment Day Ultimate Edition off eBay, and it's slightly unusual, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone can take a look at their copy and reassure me that it's not a bootleg or something.

The first thing I noticed is that the discs are labeled "Side 1" and "Side 2" as opposed to "Disc 1" and "Disc 2."

Then, they each have the ring of text around the hub I normally associate with a 2-sided disc. Disc 1 says:
[C]16:9 WIDESCREEN [DVD Logo] TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY THE ULTIMATE EDITION
10967.1.A REGION 1 US R 156 MINS. ARTISAN HOME ENTERTAINMENT INC. NO COPYING, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS.[/c]

Disc 2 says:
[c][DVD Logo] TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY THE ULTIMATE EDITION
10967.2.A REGION 1 US R SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS 176 MINS. ARTISAN HOME ENTERTAINMENT INC. NO COPYING, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS.[/C]

Lastly, the graphics on the discs seems a little lo-res or maybe poorly printed, kind of like the graphics on the new Meaning of Life discs.

I know I'm being kind of silly about this, especially since I've played both discs and they seem fine. The feature lights up my receiver's DTS and 5.1 lights, so I really don't feel I have anything to complain about, I'm just kind of weirded out by these strange items.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
All the T2 UE were supposed to be DVD-18's, Double-sided dual-layered so you would only have one disc.

They couldn't replicate the discs fast enough so some were issued as two discs. (Mine's the same way).

Any abnormalities with the disc art are likely because it was a rush job since a DVD-18 release would have had no disc art.

I was actually kind of happy to have 2 discs instead with some nice art even if my case has trouble staying closed with the thick booklet and the swinging DVD holder. Still, single-sided discs are a bit easier to care for and really nice for folks using DVD changers.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
The text exactly matches my copy.

Re the graphics: I wouldn't say it's low res, just "fuzzy" shots maybe, the printing is fine quality and smooth. The MOL disc printing (least on the originals) was very low res, very visible dots and "rough" printing, the newer fixed MOL disc 1 printing is much more comparable to the T2 printing both in res and smoothness.

Don't forget there's a "hidden" third version of the movie on this disc, I access by the "Title" key, but probably other ways.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys, that makes abundant sense and I'm glad to hear that I'm just being paranoid. You hear so often about eBay buyers getting stuck with illegal product that you start to get a little jumpy!

For completeness sake, I forgot to mention the last thing I found very odd about these discs, which is that each is imprinted around the hub: "Made in the E.U. by Cinram Optical Discs," which I don't think I've ever seen on any other disc anywhere.

Craig, I hadn't had a chance to investigate any Easter eggs for this title, so that's good to know about.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Robert, it's quite all right to feel cautious about it. My copy of T2:UE is a DVD-18 and has the same thing on it as well, so rest assured, it's legitimate.

As for accessing the hidden third cut, you can do it one of two ways:

1. By selecting Title 3 on your remote
2. By going to the SE menu selection screen, typing in the code 8-2-9-9-7 (the date Judgment Day occurs in the film), and watching the logo change to read "Play Extended Special Edition".

Enjoy! :)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
FWIW, my 2 discs are made by WAMO. I wouldn't worry about that, as long as there's some legitimate manufacturer on the inside hub they're still not made in somebody's basement...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks