What's new

Please post your Akai 2791 picture settings (1 Viewer)

Ryan Yadsko

Auditioning
Hi all,

I picked up an Akai 2791 from Sam's Club last night. I love it, near-perfect geometry and the 16x9 is great.

I'd like to get an idea of what custom settings people are using for the picture, as all of the presets look pretty bad to me. Color seems saturated and sort of red and I'm concerned about the black level not being black enough.

If you could post your settings and how you like the picture I would appreciate it. I wouldn't mind doing some service menu hacking either if needed, if someone can steer me in the direction of FAQ/instructions for it. Thanks!

JamesPGH

Auditioning
I got the 27" Akai from Sams Club the other week. Its a great-looking set. I have no problems so far.

However, I did notice that it seems to have trouble with the black levels -- espically when you're watching a dark scene, and something white appears. It seems the TV is trying to "auto correct" the scene.

For example, a black screen with white text ... when the text is on, the blacks are REALLY black. But when the white text dissolves off, the blacks become not so black.

Also, when its a dark scene, and when someone with a light or white-colored shirt walks in frame, the tv "lightens" the picture. Its a little annoying.

It seems that this only happens when a certain percentage of the screen is white or light. Sometimes, the scene is "walking the line" of the black/white barrier, and the screen is in a constant state of flux with the brightness and contrast. An example of this situation is in Lord of the Rings (Fellowship). In the beginning, when we first see Gollum in the cave near the water eating the fish on a boulder; my screen is constantly adjusting the brightness/contrast as the camera tilts up to reveal Gollum.

Anyone else experience this with this TV? It happens no matter what mode (i.e., custom, standard, etc.) you're in.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread