What's new

Please Post 100 replies for this Title!!!!The Five Heartbeats (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
What might be best Michael is to post a link in the software section as a lot of people may not be aware of this petition. I myself can't wait till it's finally released!

CoreyII

Second Unit
This is a great film. Robert Townsend should do a special edition of this film. Count me in on the petition.

Shawn_S

Stunt Coordinator
I was about to post a request for this before I used the search function :) Anyway, I would enjoy this film on DVD. A sure purchase for myself. This along with Hollywood Shuffle were very enjoyable films from Robert Townsend. I would like to see both of these films on DVD (would buy a "Robert Townsend 2 pack/collection box of them), but one is better than none. So once again, a big vote for The Five Heartbeats (and Hollywood Shuffle) on DVD please. Thank You.
Michael - thanks for that link. Will check it out.
------------------
Link Removed

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yea sure why not!!
------------------
"I Meant Ass Whiplash."-----BENDER

Shawn_S

Stunt Coordinator
icon14.gif
How about a weekly bump for a worthy movie :)
------------------
Link Removed

Charles Bober

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.
The Five Heartbeats is in my top 10 of all-time favorite movies. Films like this only come around so often. The storytelling, the music, the feel, the choreography, all absolutely brilliant. Robert Townsend ("Duck") is a genius and his talent was never more evident than in this movie. As was mentoned earlier, Michael Wright is awesome as Eddie King Jr. The lovely Diahann Carroll once again effortlessly puts in another legendary performance as Eleanor Potter. Hawthorne James plays the villianous Big Red to a "T." And the inclusion of the incomparable Harold Nicholas as "Sarge" is perfect and hopefully introduces this dance maestro to those who are unaware of his enormous talent and accomplishment, both young and old.
This is not just a flick about music but about life, love, racism, and family. Anyways, I'd pay top dollar for an SE of this fabulous flick. This is a movie that always transcends me to another place where I immerse myself in just great storytelling. It takes me to another time, another era of creativity and soulful music that actually meant something, unlike most crap today.
Honestly, I'm always choked up at the end Spoiler: when Duck goes to church to see Choirboy and Eddie & Baby Doll are there singing
This movie is near and dear to my heart. As Trevor Schell would say, BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
------------------
DTS Laser Disc. Size Does Matter

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
add me to the list.
------------------
...just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
Up until a few months ago I was a buyer for one of the major video distributors and Fox was one of my accounts. There were a handful of titles that I would end up ordering tons of copies of on a regular basis and THE FIVE HEARTBEATS was one of them. I would order around 500 to 1,000 copies of this title each month (sometimes more than that), which often astounded me. I'm not a huge fan of the movie, but there's obviously a big fan base for it and I think Fox would be wise to issue a DVD. If the VHS sales are what I think they are, I can't see any reason not.
------------------
Matthew Kiernan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks