Please please help me with projector ceiling mounting

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Eric_Nathan, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Eric_Nathan

Eric_Nathan Agent

** I don't need help with the mounting part. I am talking about WIRING it. Like how to put the cables through the ceiling or drywall, etc. Any info on that? Thanks!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Eric, if you go to the Photo Gallery here, or whatever they call it, there's numerous pictures of people's projectors, and you can see how they handled the cables. I used a standard electrical outlet cover with a round hole(about 1&1/4 inch diameter) and ran the cables thru that. You can also use a "desk grommet" to run cables thru. I saw them in Home Depot where they have the TV accessories.

3. Eric_Nathan

Eric_Nathan Agent

Great. Can you link me to that photo gallery? I am not sure I know where you are talking about.

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Go to Member Options on Home Page, then click on Member Galleries. I don't know how to do the link thing.

5. JamesFarina

JamesFarina Agent

Hi Eric,

I went to a local hardware store where they had a product for mounting wire to the outside of the walls. It is made of plastic and is a rectangular shape with double sided foam tape. I had to add some nails to hold the pieces to the ceiling because the tape would not hold. I wired up a full 7 channel surround setup for about $100. The wife didn't like the wires on the ground and being in an apartment what was I to do.

Here is a link to what I have.
    http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...gkk.0&MID=9876

Jim F.

6. JamesFarina

JamesFarina Agent