What's new

Please please help me with projector ceiling mounting (1 Viewer)

Eric_Nathan

Agent
** I don't need help with the mounting part. I am talking about WIRING it. Like how to put the cables through the ceiling or drywall, etc. Any info on that? Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Eric, if you go to the Photo Gallery here, or whatever they call it, there's numerous pictures of people's projectors, and you can see how they handled the cables. I used a standard electrical outlet cover with a round hole(about 1&1/4 inch diameter) and ran the cables thru that. You can also use a "desk grommet" to run cables thru. I saw them in Home Depot where they have the TV accessories.

JamesFarina

Agent
Hi Eric,

I went to a local hardware store where they had a product for mounting wire to the outside of the walls. It is made of plastic and is a rectangular shape with double sided foam tape. I had to add some nails to hold the pieces to the ceiling because the tape would not hold. I wired up a full 7 channel surround setup for about $100. The wife didn't like the wires on the ground and being in an apartment what was I to do.

Here is a link to what I have.
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...gkk.0&MID=9876

Jim F.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks