What's new

Please Participate: Most Requested Paramount Titles (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhode Island Red

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
Please read this carefully before responding.

Kino just made a deal with Paramount to release their catalog titles to Blu-ray that have not already been released on DVD.

This means that all of Paramount's previously released catalog titles to DVD are still going to remain unreleased for now.

We would like to compile a list of titles that HTF members would most like to see Paramount release -- especially from the 60s and 70s era.

These would be titles already available on DVD that would not be covered by the Kino deal.

The idea is for us to compile this list and send it to the studio for consideration, letting them know what collectors would most like to see released.

We don't know if this list will influence Paramount, but it should give them an idea of how to prioritize if they decide to proceed.

Please simply list a few of your most wanted titles. If someone else has posted the title, please post it again. The more times a title is mentioned, obviously the more popular.

Again, these are only titles that have been previously been released to DVD, not covered in the Kino deal.

Hondo 3d

Friday the thirteenth 3 in 3d

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I think it is awesome that there is a LOT and I mean a lot of love on this thread for Foul Play but sadly I think WB has this in their deal with Paramount and sadly WB doesn't like releasing any Goldie Hawn films on BLU! It is just sad Private Benjamin, Protocol, Best Friends, Wildcats, Swing Shift! It's just sad.

I'm hoping for and forgive me if WB has these but

200 Cigarettes! Huge New Year's Eve staple! Great cast and where are all the deleted scenes!

Soapdish

Looking for Mr Goodbar ok this one has music issues we all know and if it does get released I'd bet on Criterion but it needs to be released worth out any edits. My old full frame laserdisc will barely play anymore!

The Out of Towners

The Hours ! I know this was Paramount / Miramax co production but this film needs a US NEW HD scan! Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore Enough said!

The Fan Yeah I know this movie was edited for the DVD release for a line a dialogue and many say it's an awful film but Lauren Bacall James Garner and Michael Biehn who gives a really uncomfortably great performance!

Compromising Positions Susan Sarandon, Raul Julia

Hustle Burt Reynolds

Starting Over Probably the greatest Burt Reynolds dramedy. When he first meets Jill Clayburgh it's priceless and Candice Bergin doing her song!

Last edited:
Real Name
Anthony
ALFIE
THE TENANT
POPEYE
DRAGONSLAYER
ORCA: KILLER WHALE
FUNERAL IN BERLIN
THE GAMBLER
BAREFOOT IN THE PARK
CATCH 22
FOUL PLAY
VISIT TO A SMALL PLANET
THE TWO JAKES
WATERLOO
WHAT LIES BENEATH
ON A CLEAR DAY
BLACK SUNDAY
STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE DIRECTOR'S CUT

moviefanatic1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Even
1950s

The Naked Jungle
The Bridges at Toko-Ri
The Desperate Hours
The Court Jester
War of the Worlds
Last Train from Gun Hill
King Creole
Loving You
The Naked Jungle
Houseboat
The Tin Star
Detective Story
Come Back, Little Sheba
Son of Paleface
Omar Khayyam

1960s

The World of Suzie Wong
The Carpetbaggers
The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders
Funeral in Berlin
Targets
The Assassination Bureau
Roustabout
Hud
Will Penny
The Counterfeit Traitor

1970s

The Parallax View
The Tenant
Let's Scare Jessica to Death
North Dallas Forty
Starting Over

1980s

Top Secret!
Ordinary People
Pretty in Pink

1990s

Breakdown
The Virgin Suicides

2000s

Wonder Boys

Last edited:

Greg Kay

Auditioning
Real Name
greg kay
Please read this carefully before responding.

Kino just made a deal with Paramount to release their catalog titles to Blu-ray that have not already been released on DVD.

This means that all of Paramount's previously released catalog titles to DVD are still going to remain unreleased for now.

We would like to compile a list of titles that HTF members would most like to see Paramount release -- especially from the 60s and 70s era.

These would be titles already available on DVD that would not be covered by the Kino deal.

The idea is for us to compile this list and send it to the studio for consideration, letting them know what collectors would most like to see released.

We don't know if this list will influence Paramount, but it should give them an idea of how to prioritize if they decide to proceed.

Please simply list a few of your most wanted titles. If someone else has posted the title, please post it again. The more times a title is mentioned, obviously the more popular.

Again, these are only titles that have been previously been released to DVD, not covered in the Kino deal.

Court Jester
War of the Worlds
That Certain Feeling

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
That excludes The Court Jester but hopefully will include That Certain Feeling, Hell's Island, Maracaibo, The Devil's Hairpin and other VV titles which haven't been released on DVD.
How does that exclude THE COURT JESTER? It was released on a rather crumby DVD way back when. Paramount was not great with either their laser disc or DVD releases, which tended to be soft, and rather washed-out. Their Blu-rays are good, when you can get them.

Last edited:

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
Hondo 3-D and Friday the 13th 3-D, and any other vintage 3D titles that are not already part of the Kino deal.

Also:
Conquest of Space
When Worlds Collide
1976 King Kong
Dragonslayer.

Ken LB

Supporter
Real Name
Ken
War of the Worlds
When Worlds Collide
Beau Geste
We're No Angels
Greatest Show on Earth
Houseboat
Court Jester
President's Analyst
Ragtime

TM2-Megatron

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
I'd like to add my voice to those requesting all Paramount's 3-D titles.

A lot of people have already mentioned some great titles, and while not cinematic masterpieces, I'd also like to cast a vote for the two Brady Bunch movies from the mid-90s. Paramount is possibly the very worst studio when it comes to their treatment of older titles on Blu-Ray, and I've been waiting quite a long time for those two, which I found very funny in my youth.

All of the pre-Abrams Star Trek films (aside from TWOK now, I suppose) also need to be remastered and re-released, both theatrical and director and/or special editions. Paramount's treatment of them and constant repackaging is shameful. Also, why not let Shatner take a crack at a Director's Cut of 5? It's about time.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
How does that exclude THE COURT JESTER? It was released on a rather crumby DVD way back when. Paramount was not great with either their laser disc or DVD releases, which tended to be soft, and rather washed-out. Their Blu-rays are good, when you can get them.

WAC also released The Court Jester on DVD. I also believe it was a pressed DVD.

GreySkies

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
They're already a few obvious sock accounts (and newly registrated, lol) requesting the same two titles: Hondo 3D and Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3-D.

Paramount will automatically knew that the list is rigged when they see those two on the top of the list :)

I shared the request thread on other sites and our Facebook page. People want those 3-D titles that are not members here so let their voices be heard! :)

I'm a long time AVS guy, but never posted over here (not sure why), until Bob put the word out.

I'd like to add Catch 22. I've got it on DVD, but would love it in higher resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks