What's new

Please, need help regarding MP3 playback.. (1 Viewer)

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
My wife got me a Kenwood Sovereign DV-5900 DVD changer:emoji_thumbsup:...it plays MP3's. The problem is that it's playing them, I just can't hear them on my Yamaha RX-V3000...does my receiver need to be MP3 compatible?? It's playing regular CD-R cd's and DVD's just fine...connected via digital coax. I'm stumped, and if my Yamaha can't recognize MP3's, the Kenwood is being sent back :frowning::frowning: The manual is of no help to me.

MarkO

Second Unit
Maybe the Denon must process the mp3s since the Yamaha cannot, so the analog connection between the two units must be used? Just a guess.

AndrewW

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I figured it out...I DO have to run analog for MP3. So now, I have to change inputs when I listen to an MP3. Which brings up another question...what cables to run for MP3 only files? Sounds OK using these bottom of the line Monsters...maybe I'll just use these now.

Chriss M

Second Unit
I play MP3's from my computer and panasonic rp-56, both using digital optical cables, on my Denon 3801. AFAIK this receiver doesn't have any special mp3 features, so i wonder why this works for me and not you??

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
My Panasonic DVD CV51 is the same way. I believe the Panny decodes the MP3 and sends raw .wav format audio to the receiver the same as if its playing CD's.
One thing I have noticed is that when my panasonic dvd player is decoding Mp3's, I NEVER get any audio dropouts on my SR 6200, even when using the digital input. At thats something beneficial :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks