What's new

please, need help putting together my system... (1 Viewer)

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
hey guys, i just started upgrading my HT system. i currently have a Harman Kardon AVR 225 reciever and i am planning on getting the partsexpress dayton sub unless someone can convince me otherwise.
i will use it for almost 100% HT and not much if at any for music. i will have around $700 to spend on speakers which will include a center, 2 mains and 2 surrounds. if you guys can give me some suggestions on how to place this system together i would really appreciate it. thanks!

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

If by place together you meant what to buy, I've learned from reading the people's posts on this thread for quite some time, that it depends on what you like. You have to listen to a lot of speakers to figure out what you want.

You might like the Mirage Omnistat Micros. They list for about $180 a piece and a local dealer would probably cut you a break for less. You could get four of them that fits in your budget. I don't own these but I have heard them and I can tell you that the "sweet spot" is huge. In fact, it is a larger sweet spot than any speaker I heard and I compared several speakers in the same room with my local dealer. I think after you hear them, you may find that you don't need a center speaker with them. I can tell you that when I listened to them, I walked right up to them and I still had a hard time figuring out where the sound was coming from. It is a very unique design. Secrets did a review of them and liked them a lot.

I've never heard the sub you selected so I don't know if it will give you the thump you need for the lower ends. You'll need it because the mirages won't give you the thump you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks