Please list spoilers in the subjects if they aren't in black

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I clicked on the Fight Club thread without thinking and I saw something that almost spoiled the movie for me. I would like people to please say that there are spoilers in the thread please at least cover them in black or list them in the subject. Thank you.

~Kevin

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I don't understood why it would be necessary to put *spoilers* in the topic of a thread. If the subject is Fight Club and you haven't seen the film then it can be easily avoided. It would be different if spoilers were in a thread about something unrelated but not in this case.

3. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

Also, I don't see why you have to spoiler tag an older movie. I can see putting tags around things in movies in the theaters now or upcoming, but for movies that are old, on DVD, etc., I can't see it. If you don't want to know what happened in Fight Club, why would you read a thread on it now? Its been out forever....

4. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

5. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

This is something that could not annoy me more. Yes, it's the arrogant folk who assume that every single person who hasn't seen a film within a year or so of its release doesn't deserve consideration. Let's realize something; not everybody has seen every film. Not everybody has even BEEN into film that long. There are countless classic films that I have yet to see and would wish remain unspoiled. Yet, some people just don't care. I'm not really talking about people on here, this is just some anger I have from somewhere else where people just didn't take consideration for others.

Now, as for threads with the film in the title.....it's iffy. If it's merely the film's title as the thread, that could be considered a discussion on the subject of the film itself, and therefore containing spoilers. However there are threads that question whether or not to see a film, and shouldn't contain spoilers. Either way I think your best bet is to simply ask people to use the spoiler tags.

-Tom

6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I encourage members to use spoilers when discussing a film's plot in threads that are not Official Discussion Threads. However, if you see the title of a film that's been released in the thread header then avoid the thread if you haven't seen the film. If there is a thread about a movie that's been released why would anyone assume that they wouldn't be talking about film? This section of the forum is all about film discussion, so if you venture into a thread with a film title in it then you do so at your own risk if you want to avoid discussion about the film itself. Furthermore, if a thread is located in the Movies section that has a film's title in the thread's header and it's been released on dvd for a period of time then make no mistake about it that they're most likely talking about the film.
    Crawdaddy