What's new

Please info on ben hur (1 Viewer)

Hey Guys I had to do it, IF you will I purchaced Ben Hur last night so I can watch it tonight uaually im not into the older movies , but I can't wait until I get home #1 is it a good movie and hoe is the transfer and sound thanks..

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Hi Mark! Welcome to the forum!
To save you a lot of searching, the DVD was a hot topic of debate re: its color quality and presentation in its aspect ratio, but over time, the overall consenus is that it's a great investment. It generally uses the same materials from the laserdisc box set, plus a new (albeit minimalist) commentary from Taylor - I mean, Moses - I mean "a better actor".
------------------
"Fearless Freep?! That's mmma boy!"

PatrickM

Screenwriter
As for the movie itself. Incredible performances and a great story. But, it is very long.
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I saw Ben Hur a few years ago in a theater and the DVD is leaps and bounds better. The theatrical presentation was something along the lines of 2.20:1 or so, grainy, faded and I think even cut. The DVD comes close to the original AR of 2.76:1 (I think it measures 2.70:1 or so), is clear and beautiful, I believe is the complete running time and looks terrific.
Plus, the disc is cheap.
Buy it.
:)
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention a commentary with Chuck! (despite this, and Planet of the Apes, and Ten Commandments being out on DVD, there's still a conspiracy theorist floating around here....)
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks