What's new

please help :)~ (1 Viewer)

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
Gang,
I need immediate advice from someone if possible. A while back I posted about pre-wiring my new home. I got some great advice and told the new home manufacturers what wiring I needed (KB Homes). One of the Forum members recommended that since I will have an upstairs dedicated HT, plus pre-wiring for speakers in the ceiling throughout the house and a smaller HT downstairs in the family room. He suggested that I run cable from my upstairs HT to the downstairs HT so I can send audio signal to the downstairs. He recommended that I run 20/4??? so I can later convert it into stereo RCA cables after I move in. The thought was that the whole house would be able to hear the same musical source and I have the option of hearing the source through the downstairs stereo also. The Downstairs HT will also run my future outside speakers.
The subcontractor just called and said that 20/4 is alarm wire and would not work for this purpose. What wire should I run? Please advise and email me back.
Of course I want to keep costs down since they are nickel-and-diming me to L!!
Thanks,
Michael Botvinick
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks